Chapter 69

A week later, Jungkook found himself standing in front of the mirror, holding the familiar white stick that had become part of his daily routine once. He paused, his gaze fixed on his reflection. He then looked at the pregnancy test he was holding, and his heart was racing with excitement and worry.

This moment felt like an eternity, as thoughts of potential motherhood flashed through his mind. As the seconds went by, he felt more scared and more hopeful that maybe, just maybe, his life was about to change forever.

Jungkook's heart raced as he carefully dripped the sample onto the white stick, ensuring not to spill. His breath caught in his throat, a silent prayer escaping his lips as he watched the drops absorb into the test. The room seemed to shrink around him, intensifying each passing second as he waited for the color to change, signalling his future.

He set the stick down on the sink ledge, his eyes glued to it, watching for the faintest hint of a line that might appear. His mind raced with all the possible outcomes, including ones that would bring him happiness, challenges, and change. He was torn between fear and excitement, which held him tight as the minutes went by.

After a minute, he gazed at the white stick which showed nothing just a blank screen. Jungkook titled his head in confusion as the result was neither positive nor negative.

With his confusion deepening, Jungkook re-examined the instructions on the test kit box, wondering if he might have missed a step or misunderstood something. He double-checked the expiration date and then prepared to redo the test, his hands slightly trembling as he opened another kit.

Taking a deep breath to steady himself, he repeated the process meticulously, making sure to follow every instruction to the letter. After setting the new test on the ledge, he stepped back, watching the clock and waiting anxiously for a clear result this time.

Minutes ticked by slowly as Jungkook's anxiety grew. He leaned against the wall, arms crossed, trying to prepare himself for any outcome. Finally, he glanced at the test again, hoping for a definitive answer this time around but unfortunately the result showed as single line, negative.

"Ah? What is this?" Jungkook took the third kit and poured the sample to the new one and waited impatiently. As the minutes passed, two faint lines appeared on the screen, positive.

Jungkook stared at the three different test results spread out on the sink ledge, his frustration mounting. Each test seemed to tell a different story, and the inconsistency left him feeling confused and anxious. He took a deep breath, trying to calm his nerves, and decided that he needed more concrete answers.

Jungkook quickly went through the items on the bathroom shelf again, looking carefully for another test kit. He moved things around and checked each corner, hoping to spot one. Unfortunately, despite all his searching, he couldn’t find any more test kits available.

"Ah. What a luck I have," Jungkook complained as he left the bathroom. He carried the three test results with him, feeling disappointed about not finding another test kit as well as the confused results.

As soon as Jungkook entered the room, he saw Taehyung busy on his laptop. The soft glow of the laptop screen illuminated Taehyung's focused expression.

Without hesitation, Jungkook walked over and placed one of the test results right in front of him. Taehyung glanced up from his screen, a furrow forming on his brow as he looked at the test, then back at Jungkook, clearly puzzled.

Then, Jungkook laid down the second test result. Taehyung's initial confusion deepened into a soft sigh as he processed the sight before him, trying to make sense of it all. "Oh," as he glanced back and forth between Jungkook and the single line on the test. "It's.. It's okay. We.. We will mmm.." Taehyung struggled to find the right words, his response trailing off.