Chapter 51

Clasped in his hands around Jungkook, Taehyung was fast asleep, when his phone ran non-stop. "Mm." Jungkook gave Taehyung a pat on the chest, shifted slightly, and turned to sleep on the other side. Taehyung tapped his side until his hand touched the cell phone.

He attended it and kept it in the ear

He attended it and kept it in the ear. "Hel.." Taehyung's drowsy eyes opened wide, and he sat up instantly before he could even speak. Jungkook turned around to look at Taehyung's distressed expression. "What?" Seeing that Taehyung was perspiring, Jungkook inquired. "W..we have to go." Taehyung threw the phone aside and leaped from the vehicle. He slid into the driver's seat and turned the engine on. "What happened?" Jungkook asked again. "Yeo.. Yeonie tried to h..hurt himself." Taehyung slammed on the brakes and sped the car back. "WHAT???" Jungkook shouted. "Mm. H.. He is in h..hospital. He l..lost lots of blood and it's.. It's critical." Taehyung wiped away the tears in his eyes. "Cr.. critical? Tae, Is.. Is it because of me?" With a pounding sensation in his head, Jungkook inquired. "No. Don't think like that." Taehyung corrected him, immediately. "Wh..what is happening, Tae? Why did he d..do so? Oh god, if i..it's because of me, then." Jungkook's orbs twitched nervously. "Don't think too much. Let us first reach the hospital." Taehyung consoled him as he drove off to the hospital.

As soon as Taehyung pulled into the hospital parking lot, he bounded out of the car. Behind him, Jungkook also rushed. "Taee.. Here." Taehyung ran towards Yoongi. "Hyung." he said. "He.. I don't know why he did something this stupid." Yoongi said in disappointed and hurried to the CCU holding a few papers. "Hyung. Is it.. Is it bec.." Jungkook's eyes began to well up with tears. "Don't think too much." he said.

As soon as they reached the Critical Care Unit, they saw Mrs Kim sitting in the waiting chair like lifeless, beside her was sitting Mr Kim with crossed palms and Jimin squeezing her palm. "H..hyung." Jungkook whispered as he approached Jimin. Jimin patted Jungkook's shoulder while wiping his own damp cheeks. Jungkook's eyes traveled from Jimin to Mrs Kim. "Mo..mom?" he called softly. "I already s..separated h..him for tw..twelve y..years. Now, he wa..wants to be away f..from me for..forever. I.. I don't know why? what did I do to su.. suffer like this? All.. All I wish was m.. my family would be happy and u..united always." Mrs Kim whimpered. "Mom." Jungkook held his hands and caressed it.

"What did the doctor say?" Taehyung asked Seojoon. "Let's pray. The.. The cut is d..deep." he said and wiped his whole face. "Why did he do it?" Taehyung asked. "Don't know. We don't know. Dad.. Dad said he will send him back to Canada. Dad, though, was not going to do that. To warn him, he told it. However, He.. He.." Yoongi uttered. Taehyung's anxious eyes landed on Jungkook.

~
It seemed as though time was moving at a snail's pace. Jungkook's nails on both hands are completely finished after four hours of biting them. He felt like throwing up after considering all of the possibilities. He stood up from Mrs Kim and went to Taehyung, who was standing a few steps away from them. "Did.. Did he do it because of me, Tae? Why did I beat him?" Jungkook cursed himself. "No. Don't think like that." Taehyung said. "I.. I didn't know he was this immature. Oh my god, I will never be able to find peace in my life if something were to happen to him. Tae, Tae, Tae.. I am feeling uneasy. My head. It's spinning." Jungkook held Taehyung's biceps and leaned to him. "Jungkook. Don't stress this much. Nothing will happen to him." Taehyung pressed him to his chest, rubbed his shoulder, and led him to the chair, making him sit on it.