Chapter 2 Thread Fruit

"What's the use of a pretty face?!"

"I want power! Do you understand?!"

Listening to the voice of this stranger, there seemed to be a hint of playfulness in the tone.

Originally, Yu was wondering if he had fallen under a genjutsu, but suddenly he began to feel agitated.

"In this ninja world, if you don't have power, you're worse than a piece of dog poop, do you understand?!"

Since arriving in this world, Yu, who knew the future plot development, didn't dare to neglect his training for a moment.

After being brought back to Konoha from the battle at the Valley of the End, Yu spent a year of effort.

He finally succeeded in extracting physical energy and spiritual energy for fusion, and began the path of chakra training.

However, due to his young age, although he could successfully extract chakra, his chakra level never reached that of a Genin due to physical limitations.

The Third Great Ninja War had just begun, and the future held the Six Paths of Pain, who would single-handedly destroy the entire Konoha, and the Fourth Great Ninja War, which would determine the world's ultimate existence or non-existence.

Facing these events that had already occurred and were yet to come, Yu had been suppressing his emotions for too long since coming to this world.

"Of course, I understand."

"But this isn't genjutsu, and you don't need to look for it."

Feeling Yu's nearly explosive emotions at this moment, the seductive voice began to sound lazier, "I've been hiding in the depths of your soul, and it's your desire for power that awakened me."

"My soul's depths?"

"No wonder your voice doesn't sound like it's from the outside, I thought I was under a genjutsu just now."

Listening silently to the voice coming from the depths of his own soul, Yu's amber eyes gradually narrowed, and his thoughts began to activate, "So, what are you exactly? What can you give me?"

"I am a demon."

Feeling Yu's intense desire for power within him, the voice, like poppy seeds, lightly paused, as if it was about to drag him into an eternal abyss, "As long as you give me your soul, I can give you the power to control everything!"

"Demon..."

"Tsk, quite cliché."

Subconsciously, after making this comment, Yu clenched his tender fist, and his eyes shimmered with a deep desire for power, "You want my soul, right?"

"Take it! As long as you give me enough power to dominate this world! Take it all!!"

Since coming to this world of blood and iron, Yu's desire to become stronger had been as strong as a drowning person's desire to breathe.

"Very well!"

Seeing Yu's unwavering agreement to the deal, the demon deep within Yu's soul nodded in satisfaction, "Then I will give you the Devil's Law!"

Devil's Law? What's that?

Listening to the words of the demon within his soul, Yu suddenly felt a completely unfamiliar power surging into his body.

This unfamiliar power was entirely different from the chakra he was currently cultivating.

Yu felt as if his whole body had been completely remade, and his body began to undergo a profound transformation.

"What is this?!"

"My body seems different from just now!"

Somewhat amazed, Yu looked at his hands and body.

He felt like he had become different from before, but he couldn't pinpoint exactly how.

"Ah, it seems your luck is not bad. You actually drew the Law of Thread Fruit."

At this moment, the demon inside Yu's soul started to become excited.

Thread Fruit?!

Yu's face froze as he suddenly remembered the ability of Donquixote Doflamingo, one of the Seven Warlords of the Sea, from "One Piece" - the Paramecia-type String-String Fruit.

Yu finally understood what was happening, "What Devil's Law? This is the ability of a Devil Fruit, isn't it?"

"Essentially, there's not much difference between the two."

"Although I'm a demon, without a physical body now, I can't directly produce a Devil Fruit for you."

Faced with Yu's ecstatic expression, the demon inside him seemed to be smiling, "So I'm giving you the power of the Devil Fruit in the form of a law."

"Keep in mind, this is a purer form of power than a Devil Fruit."

"At least, you won't be afraid of the sea because it abandoned you, just like a Devil Fruit user."

Not afraid of the sea because of the Devil Fruit? Hearing the demon's words, Yu's face suddenly went blank.

Does that mean that this so-called Devil's Law is even stronger than a Devil Fruit?

"Um... that sounds good."

After coming back to his senses, Yu nodded in satisfaction, rubbing his smooth chin, "In that case, I don't have to taste the rumored disgusting taste of Devil Fruits..."

"Not only that."

Feeling Yu's excitement that he couldn't contain at this moment, the demon inside his soul continued to speak persuasively, "In the future, as your chakra level increases, I will give you a brand new Devil's Law for each level you reach."

"What?!"

Suddenly hearing the words of the demon in his body, Yu's eyes could not help but light up on his handsome little face, "How could there be such a good thing?!"

"don't be happy too soon."

Sure enough, there is no such easy good thing in the world. The devil deep in Yu's soul immediately poured cold water on him, "Similar to Devil Fruit, a person's body cannot accommodate two devil laws at the same time."

"So, this so-called Devil's Law won't be of much use if you give me more of it?" Hearing this, Yu's smile immediately froze.

"So, at this point, we need to use some intermediaries." The demon deep within Yu's soul continued to guide him persuasively, "For example... in this ninja world, there is a profession called Puppeteer."

"Puppeteer?"

Hearing the demon's words, Yu furrowed his brows slightly, puzzled, "Why? Can't you just directly give the Devil's Law to the target I choose?"