Chapter 24: Lunch with Yugao

"What is this?!"

Sensing the blue-white electrical currents emanating from Yu, Yuhi Shinku, who was standing by the training ground watching the fight, suddenly fixed his gaze.

"What is this?"

At the same time, Hinata Setsuna, who had just performed the Gentle Fist Eight Trigrams Palm, felt a sudden surge of violent electricity emanating from Yu's entire body, freezing in place.

Sizzle!

With a burst of violent electrical noise, Hyuga Setsuna, who had rushed into Yu's arms, was assaulted by the intense electricity in the air.

The genius of the Hyuga clan could only feel a tingling numbness throughout her body. Then, in the blink of an eye, he lost control of his own body, collapsing weakly in front of Yu.

"Darn it... What is this?!"

"Could it be... a Lightning Release ninjutsu?!"

Just when victory seemed within reach, Hyuga Setsuna was defeated, his body paralyzed and powerless, kneeling in front of Yu.

Hyuga Setsuna's face was filled with unwillingness, her gaze firmly fixed on Yu.

"Ah..."

"It's something like an unfinished Lightning Release ninjutsu."

As the violent electrical currents dissipated from his body, Yu looked at the unconscious Hyuga Setsuna before him and calmly spoke.

Chidori, right?

No, this could only be considered a prototype of Chidori.

Chidori was a form transformation derived from the Raikiri, releasing the Chidori from the entire body, combining attack and defense in an A-rank Lightning Release ninjutsu.

But Yu had only recently mastered the Chidori. In a short period of time, he could only develop it to a semi-finished stage.

If it were the completed Chidori...

The Hyuga Setsuna before Yu would have already lost consciousness, and it wouldn't be as simple as just body paralysis.

"Alright! That's enough!"

At this moment, Yuhi Shinku, who had been observing from the side, suddenly spoke up.

"Your practical exercise, Yu, has already passed!"

"You can come out now, and the rest of you can continue!"

Even the genius of the Hyuga clan, Hyuga Setsuna, had been defeated so easily. Yuhi Shinku naturally realized that Yu's strength was in a completely different league from the other students of his year.

Continuing to keep him in the training ground wouldn't serve any purpose and would disrupt the balance of the other ninja academy students' practical exercises.

"What an awe-inspiring talent..."

Watching the white-haired youth calmly walk down from the training ground, Yuhi Shinku couldn't help but sigh inwardly.

As someone whose strength was almost at the level of a Jōnin, he understood very well the difficulty of releasing Lightning-chakra nature transformations from the entire body.

However, Yu, a five-year-old boy who had recently entered the ninja school, had achieved this to such a degree.

Under Yuhi Shinku's seemingly calm and composed exterior, his heart was already churning with shockwaves.