Chapter 47: Ultimate Water Release

Second chapter for today. I hope you enjoyed the double release this week!

Make sure to review the story and leave a power stone or two ;)
-----

"Water Release: Water Formation Wall!"

Without waiting for others to react, Yu swiftly formed hand seals.

A wall of water, resembling crashing waves, gushed vehemently from his mouth. The circular water barrier enclosed all five of them, repelling every incoming kunai and shuriken while exploding tags detonated against the water wall.

"Besides the Seven Mist Swordsmen... are there more enemies?"

Within the water wall Yu had conjured, Yuhi Kurenai and Might Guy, joined by two others, immediately drew their kunai, alert and watchful.

"To wield such exquisite Water Release ninjutsu in this waterless place..."

"It appears they're not ordinary foes..."

On the grassy field beyond the forest, dozens of shinobi had gathered, bearing the headbands of the Hidden Mist Village. The middle-aged Mist shinobi at the forefront spoke up.

"So many Mist shinobi?"

"The Hidden Mist has dispatched so many forces!"

As the water wall finally descended, revealing dozens of Mist shinobi suddenly appearing on the grassy field, Guy and Ebisu's expressions shifted dramatically.

"What's happening? How many reinforcements has Konoha sent..."

"Why haven't the Seven Mist Swordsmen dealt with these brats yet?"

Observing Yu's group, who had successfully escaped from the forest, and sensing the intense battle emanating from within the woods, a perplexed Mist shinobi remarked.

"Enough with the chatter! Deal with these brats quickly, then proceed to support the Seven Mist Swordsmen!"

However, the lead Mist Jonin at the front issued a stern command.

While they didn't know how many reinforcements Konoha had dispatched to slow down the Seven Mist Swordsmen, feeling the battle's vibrations intensifying within the forest, this lead Mist Jonin had no patience to waste any more time here.

"Yes!"

Upon hearing the order from the lead Mist Jonin, Yu's group saw a malicious grin spread across the faces of the Mist shinobi before them. "Let's go! We'll swiftly sever these brats' heads with all we've got!"

"Charge with me!"

"Disable the limbs of these Leaf brats! Show them the true meaning of being a shinobi!"

The imminent battle loomed, causing the ground to quake.

The Mist shinobi, their faces twisted in malevolence, rushed towards Yu's group with astonishing speed.

"We're done for..."

"With this many shinobi, there's no escape!"

Seeing dozens of Mist shinobi on the grassy field before them and facing this overwhelming force, Ebisu's face was filled with despair.

Although Yuhi Kurenai and Might Guy remained silent, their expressions were equally grim.

The true battlefield was indeed merciless.

First, it was the Seven Mist Swordsmen, and now, the elite Mist shinobi unit.

For these young Leaf ninja, encountering such a life-threatening predicament during their mission was unimaginable.

"It's too early to give up..."

"One Jonin, twelve Chunin, and the rest are Genin. We still have a chance."

"The Jonin, leave that one to me. The rest of you, hold out as long as you can..."

Among the five-ninja standing on the grassy field, Yu, the youngest, was the only one who remained composed.

"Splash, splash, splash!"

As soon as Yu finished speaking, the thunderous sound of a waterfall emanated continuously from his hands.

Vigorous torrents of water burst forth, constantly compressing and swirling. In the palm of Yu's hand, a highly condensed, high-pressure water gun appeared, rotating rapidly and emitting a deafening roar, capturing the attention of all the shinobi present.

"Water Release: Hard Whirlpool Blade!"

"What's that?!"

Standing beside him, Genma's eyes widened as she stared at the Hard Whirlpool Blade that Yu had unleashed from his hand, causing even the senbon in his mouth to fall onto the grass.

"Such a level of nature transformation..."

Watching the ultimate Water Release jutsu manifested by Yu's hand, Yuhi Kurenai and Might Guy were equally astounded. "Now I understand why he's called the Leaf's greatest prodigy..."

Seeing the terrifying destruction wrought by Yu's water jutsu, the lead Mist Jonin felt a strong sense of unease. He immediately shouted to the surrounding Mist shinobi, "Get back! That Water Release..."

"Boom!"

Before he could finish his sentence, Yu had hurled the high-pressure water gun.

The Mist Jonin reacted promptly, employing Body Flicker Technique to swiftly move backward, shielding himself with his arms.

Feeling a tremendous force propelling him, he was thrown off his feet and, following a deafening explosion, the high-pressure water gun vanished halfway, only to suddenly reappear. It then formed an enormous and relentless waterspout, drawing in all the dozen Mist shinobi in its vicinity. After shredding them into pieces, it cast them aside.

Blood stained the grassy field, and the ground trembled.

As the awe-inspiring waterspout gradually dissipated, leaving behind a lake on the grassy field and the lifeless remains of the dozen shinobi, the remaining Mist shinobi displayed expressions of disbelief.

"Damn, to wield such a level of Water Release ninjutsu... that Leaf brat isn't just any ordinary shinobi."

The surviving Mist Jonin, who had narrowly escaped the waterspout, felt a sharp pain in his arm. "I only got grazed, yet it turned out like this..."

A young kid, around six or seven years old, had single-handedly wiped out a dozen elite Mist shinobi with a single ninjutsu.

As the known pinnacle of Water Release, the power of the Hard Whirlpool Blade far exceeded everyone's expectations.

"Such astounding power..."

Watching the devastating effect of Yu's ninjutsu in front of them, Genma and Ebisu, who were standing by, were finally able to react after a considerable delay.

"Yu is truly formidable..."

Seeing the white-haired youth before them, Kurenai's enchanting face was filled with awe.

"Indeed, he's the Leaf's greatest prodigy, even surpassing Kakashi."

Witnessing the incredible result of Yu's ninjutsu, Might Guy, standing alongside, regained some confidence. His eyes were once again filled with fighting spirit.

"Very well! Let's rally together and break through from here!"

Morale soared, and Yu's four companions pulled out their ninja tools, ready to stand their ground.

"You lot, deal with those brats!"

The lead Mist Jonin ordered the Mist shinobi behind him. "I'll go... and kill that white-haired kid!"

After speaking, the lead Mist Jonin drew the sword from his back and activated Body Flicker Technique, dashing across the grassy field towards Yu with a bloodthirsty smile.

Seeing the lead Mist Jonin taking the initiative, the other Mist shinobi howled and surrounded Might Guy, Yuhi Kurenai, and the two remaining Chunin.

----

Support me on patreon for More advanced chapters up to 50 so far patreon.com/DemonWriter