Chapter 88: Medical Seal

Double release for today! Enjoy!

---

Days passed one by one.

Since Nono went to Iwagakure village for a spy mission.

Konoha returned to its former calm, as if nothing had happened.

However, the situation in the ninja world had undergone new changes. Despite the victory in the war with the Sand village, Konoha's strength suffered severe losses.

Currently, Sand has not yet formed an alliance agreement with Konoha. The smoke of battle has not cleared on Konoha's side, as they are about to engage in another war in the northwest with the Earth Country. At the same time, they must also face the encirclement of Cloud Ninja and Mist Ninja. The situation is shrouded in dark clouds.

"Finally, it's completed!"

On this day, a excited voice echoed in the office of Konoha's medical team.

Inside, Yu, wearing a black Ninja uniform with a white Konoha medical team coat draped over it, was looking excitedly at a piece of paper in his hand.

It was a white piece of paper with black jutsu symbols printed on it. It seemed no different from an ordinary Explosive Tag, except that the character '爆' (explosion) was replaced with '医' (medical).

"Let's try the effect first..."

Upon seeing the Medical Seal he had painstakingly developed finally unveiled today, Yu couldn't wait and promptly walked out of the office with it.

The frontline war situation was dire, and Konoha's medical team had recently been extremely busy. The hall was bustling with medical ninjas and wounded personnel everywhere.

"Let me take care of this patient!"

After entering the hall, Yu saw a medical ninja treating an injury on a patient's arm. His eyes lit up, and he directly approached, gently pushing aside the medical ninja.

"Lord Yu?"

Seeing Yu's sudden appearance, the medical ninja's expression momentarily froze.
However, what happened next left him gaping in surprise.

Instead of using Medical Ninjutsu to heal the patient, Yu took out a piece of paper that looked like an Explosive Tag and placed it on the patient's arm. Just like using Chakra paper, he infused a bit of Chakra, and the white paper emitted a soft green Chakra. Astonishingly, it began slowly healing the patient's arm.

"Mmm... Although the healing effect isn't on par with Mystical Palm Jutsu..."

"But it can barely match other healing jutsu... much stronger than Hemostasis Jutsu..."

Carefully observing the healing effects of the first Medical Seal he had developed, Yu nodded in satisfaction.

The greatest value of the Medical Seal lies not in its healing effect but in its portability.

It took Yu six months to develop this portable medical ninja tool. Similar to the principles of the Explosive Tag, Yu injects his Medical Ninjutsu Chakra into the seal through a special technique.

As long as a ninja gets injured while on a mission, they can immediately take out the Medical Seal provided by Yu, apply it to the wounded area, and achieve rapid healing.

With this Medical Seal, Yu is confident that the casualty rate of Konoha ninjas undertaking missions outside the village will plummet. This undoubtedly makes a significant contribution to the entire village.

In simple terms, if our side has one more surviving ninja, our overall combat strength increases slightly. If our side takes on an additional mission, the enemy has one less mission to undertake. In this give-and-take scenario, the help to the overall strength of a village is undoubtedly immeasurable.

Moreover, every member of a ninja team can be equipped with this convenient-to-carry Medical Seal. Besides significantly reducing casualty rates, it allows for a reduction in the number of medical ninjas in the team, enabling an increase in the deployment of combat ninjas.

This leads to a notable enhancement in the overall combat strength and mission completion capability of the ninja team.

In a typical four-person ninja team, having this Medical Seal is equivalent to having an invisible fifth ninja. The addition of an extra medical ninja is undoubtedly a groundbreaking development with epochal significance.

"What... what is this?"
Not knowing that such a medical ninja tool existed in the world, the nearby medical ninja widened their eyes.

"This is my latest research achievement..."

"It might even have the potential to change the entire landscape of the ninja world... but let's keep it confidential for now."

Seeing the shocked expression on the medical ninja's face, Yu mysteriously smiled, leaving a sense of suspense.

"All right, I'll leave it to you guys for now..."

"I have something to discuss with Lord Third Hokage."

After saying this, without waiting for the reaction of the surrounding medical ninjas, Yu directly used Body Flicker and disappeared on the spot.

"Changing... changing the landscape of the ninja world... I wonder what he means by that..."
"Is this the difference between me and a genius?"

Watching Yu leave directly, the confused medical ninja in the hall of the medical team mumbled to himself.

...
Hokage's office.

"This is the Hokage's office!"

"Look at yourself now! What a disgrace!!"

Just as Yu stepped into the corridor of the Hokage's office, he heard an angry roar coming from inside the office.

Yu was very familiar with this voice; it was none other than the voice of Lord Third Hokage, Sarutobi Hiruzen.

"My appearance? What about my appearance?"

"Do you think I've embarrassed you too much, Lord Hokage?"

In addition to Lord Third, there was another young voice in the office, challenging him.

"Sarutobi-sensei, there's something I think you need to take a look at..."

With a curious mind, Yu directly pushed open the door to the Hokage's office.

"Uh... it seems like you guys have something to discuss... I'll wait outside for a while..."
However, upon opening the door, Yu saw Lord Third sitting behind the Hokage desk as usual, while another young figure was standing in front of him engaging in a heated argument.

Black hair, a slightly tan complexion, a disheveled fringe covering half of the face, and a cigarette hanging from his mouth – despite the appearance of being somewhat worn, he didn't look very old. He seemed to be around the same age as Kakashi and Might Guy during this period.

"Yu, you're here..."

Seeing Yu entering at this moment, Lord Third took a deep drag of his cigarette with a somewhat harried expression and flashed a helpless smile, "Uh... sorry for the inconvenience. I have some trivial matters to attend to here. Please wait outside for a moment."

That guy... could he be Asuma?

Upon hearing Lord Third's words, Yu silently closed the door and left the office. However, he had already speculated about the identity of the young man inside who was arguing with Lord Third.

Sarutobi Asuma — Sarutobi Hiruzen's second son, younger brother of Sarutobi Shinnosuke, future uncle to Konohamaru, and one of the 'Guardians of the Fire Country' in the original work.

In his youth, Asuma had temporarily left Konoha, acting according to his own likes and dislikes. During his teenage years, he was a rebellious delinquent, filled with both admiration and prejudice towards his father Sarutobi Hiruzen. He even had conflicts with his father and left Konoha to wander.

Ultimately, Asuma understood the true meaning of the phrase 'the most important thing for the village is not the Hokage.' From then on, he ignited an unwavering flame of will and passed it on to the growing new generation of Ino-Shika-Cho.

----

Support me on patreon for More advanced chapters up to 50 so far patreon.com/DemonWriter