Chapter 9: 44th Year of Konoha

"Get lost!"

"Before I have any intention of killing you."

Facing Inari, who was scared enough to wet his pants, Yu rolled his eyes in annoyance.

Although he despised guys like him, he wasn't reckless enough to casually kill someone in the village.

Even during times of war, with the ANBU's undercover agents and the Uchiha clan members serving in the Konoha police force, he couldn't afford to make such a move.

"Monster."

With immense fear in his eyes, Inari took a quick glance at Yu.

Next to him, Inaz, quickly helped his brother, Inari, up.

With several other kids from the village, they scattered like birds fleeing a predator.

"Urushi."

"The injuries you guys have aren't serious."

"I'll go practice for now, and I'll treat you guys when I come back tonight."

Watching Inaz, Inari, and the other kids fleeing in terror, Yu remained silent. He then turned and, after saying a word to the already stunned Urushi and the others, patted his somewhat wrinkled clothes and walked into the nearby small forest.

"Yu..."

"Unconsciously..."

Staring blankly as Yu disappeared into the woods, Urushi muttered to himself, "So you're already so much stronger than me..."

In Urushi's eyes, Yu's frail figure had become so distant and unattainable.

A year ago, when he was picked up from the battlefield by Medic Nono, Yu's strength was not much different from Urushi's, and he might have been even weaker.

But in the past year, Yu, with his exceptional talent, had gradually revealed his genius and abilities.

Kekkei Genkai—Urushi, as an ordinary orphan, may not fully understand the profound significance of this concept in the ninja world.

However, Yu's recent display of power, along with his monstrous performance, had gradually made Urushi, with his average aptitude, realize something.

He and Yu were from two different worlds right from the beginning.

...

Konoha.

The bustling streets.

The outbreak of the Third Great Ninja War had created a tense atmosphere, but it didn't affect the prosperity and vitality of Konoha, the most powerful ninja village in the world.

"What a bunch of ignorant people."

Walking on the busy street and looking at the constantly flowing crowd, Yu's initially irritated mood was gradually dispelled by the morning light.

Indeed, Yu had every reason to be angry.

Medic Nono—this woman sacrificed so much for the village, risking her life to gather intelligence for Konoha in other countries, and now she had given up everything willingly to become the head of an orphanage at the edge of the village.

But those people who benefited from her protection not only failed to say thank you but also acted so aggressively. Why?

What nonsense about the Will of Fire.

What about self-sacrifice to secretly maintain peace is the true path of a ninja?

Sorry, as a transmigrator, Yu couldn't agree with that.