Chapter 182: Three Hundred Million Bounty

"Three hundred million... a whole three hundred million! Your head is worth ten times more than Chiriku, one of the twelve guardian ninjas of the Land of Fire!"

Witnessing his three companions being killed by Yu and knowing that he too faced an inevitable death, the black-clad ninja, whose throat was gripped by Yu, revealed a twisted and frenzied smile.

"Hahaha! It's not just us. Many others have set their sights on you this time. Sooner or later, stronger guys than us will come after you!"

'Three hundred million? So that's it...'

'So these are wandering ninja who came for the bounty mission in the underground black market? I didn't expect my head to be quite valuable...'

After hearing the words of the ninja in front of him, Yu suddenly understood everything. Just as he had speculated, ever since he killed numerous ninjas in the Great Ninja War, ninjas from the Wind, Earth, Lightning, and Water countries all wanted to completely eliminate him.

'Land of Lightning and Land of Earth, no need to say much. I killed so many of their ninjas on the battlefield, including the Third Raikage of Hidden Cloud and the Five Tails Jinchuriki Han of Iwagakure.'

'As for the Wind Country, it's because I infiltrated the Sand and stole their Puppet Scroll and Human Puppet Forbidden Jutsu. They have repeatedly demanded that Konoha hand me over for several years now.'

'As for the Water Country, even though Kirigakure is currently undergoing reforms and a transition in leadership, I recently killed their Fourth Mizukage and many other ninjas. The enmity has naturally been formed.'

'Due to the current situation of the Great Ninja War ending and the five major nations signing a peace treaty, they cannot openly attack me. However, they can put a bounty on my head by issuing bounty missions in the underground black market.'

'The black-clad ninjas who suddenly attacked me just now are probably between Chunin and Jonin in strength, freelancers outside the five major nations. In the ninja world, there are countless rogue ninjas like them, living on the edge and licking blood off their blades.'

'The bounty of 300 million is quite something, isn't it?'

You see, for a standard S-rank mission in any of the five major Ninja villages, such as assassinating a high-profile individual or stealing classified documents, the reward is usually over 1 million ryo.

To put it in perspective, even the legendary Orochimaru, one of the Three Sannin, had only executed 108 S-rank missions throughout his decades-long ninja career before defecting from Konoha.

In other words, the bounty on Yu's head right now is worth nearly a hundred times the reward for an S-rank mission. Although most ninjas are hesitant to act due to Scarlet Yu's reputation, it doesn't stop numerous ninjas lurking in the shadows from being drawn to it.

"Anyway... I still have to thank you for the information."

After understanding the whole situation, Yu looked at the black-clad ninja struggling to free himself from Yu's grip on his fingers. With a slight smirk, Yu said, "But as a supporting character, you shouldn't talk so much... I'll let Tyrant send you on a trip to another world!"

Bang!

In the instant Yu finished speaking, he casually released his grip on his hand.

Standing beside him, Tyrant suddenly raised his enormous bear paw and slapped the air in front of him. The terrifying force sent the black-clad ninja flying, turning him into a shooting star disappearing into the night sky as darkness fell.