Chapter 188: The Puppeteer Behind the Scenes

"And let me kindly remind you here..."

"The fact that the exchange center has stood tall in the Ninja world for so long indicates that the people behind it are not to be underestimated."

"There are countless major corporations backing it behind the scenes, and among them are even some individuals specifically collecting Kekkei Genkai."

From a far distance came Kakuzu's final low voice, momentarily even Yu's Observation Haki couldn't accurately capture Kakuzu's fleeing direction.

"No wonder he's a legendary ninja that has survived from the early days of the five major Ninja villages to the present."

In the recent battle, Kakuzu continuously destroyed Kakuzu's Wind, Fire, Lightning, and Earth hearts, only to be taken advantage of by Kakuzu, who used Earth Grudge Fear to take away the last Water Release heart and escape. Yu, standing in place, couldn't help but be slightly stunned, "This guy... his ability to escape is truly top-notch."

To be fair, as a member of the Akatsuki's Immortal Duo, Kakuzu, who has survived in the Ninja world for nearly a hundred years, surpasses most Ninjas in the current world in both strength and experience.

Compared with the other member of the Akatsuki's Immortal Duo, Hidan, Kakuzu's strength truly reaches the level of a Kage and even surpasses that of an ordinary Kage.

After all, the combination of the advanced Ninjutsu of the five Chakra Nature Transformations allows Kakuzu to constantly unleash high-level Ninjutsu based on the changes of the five attributes of mutual generation and restraint, thus restraining the vast majority of opponents.

Coupled with incredibly rich combat experience, in the anime, unless initially tricked by his comical teammate Hidan, and even with Naruto Uzumaki, who just completed training in Wind Release: Rasenshuriken, accompanied by the protagonist's halo, Kakashi and the others alone would find it almost impossible to defeat a Ninja of Kakuzu's caliber.

"As for the people behind the exchange center..."

After retracting his gaze and recalling Kakuzu's words before he fled, Yu's lips curled up in a cold smile as he thought, "Hmph, if they dare to offend me, I wouldn't mind making them all disappear."

Indeed, although not detailed in the anime, if there weren't powerful corporations and individuals supporting the underground exchange center in the cruel Ninja world, it would be hard to believe if spoken out loud.

Moreover, the individuals Kakuzu mentioned just now who collect Kekkei Genkai, Yu recalls from the anime of his previous life, the "Sasuke Shinden: Book of Sunrise" after the Fourth Great Ninja War.

Some prominent merchants outside the Ninja world possessed formidable strength themselves, and they even raised powerful Ninjas under them, specializing in collecting Kekkei Genkai.

What's more, some twisted merchants, in order to deliberately increase the rarity of their Genin's Kekkei Genkai, would slaughter the entire family of the Ninja, leaving only one survivor.

Thinking about this, the cold smirk on Yu's face deepened. He wasn't a naive young man born and raised in this world. Since he first crossed into this world, he understood the true cruelty of the Ninja world.

If in the future, these so-called collectors of Kekkei Genkai really provoke him, he will surely use his own power to make them understand what true hell is.

"Air Door!"

Glancing at the exchange center beside him, now reduced to ruins, and the road completely destroyed by the battle with Kakuzu just now, Yu manipulated Kaio to open an air door nearby, then his figure disappeared into it.

...

"So..."

"Are you telling me that we've provoked Scarlet Yu of Konoha? He destroyed the exchange center in the Land of Fire and took away three hundred million in cash?"

At the border between the Land of Fire and the Land of Bears, in a spacious courtyard, a mysterious middle-aged man sat on a luxurious sofa, watching Doma tremble nervously before him.

Wearing a loose robe, dragging a pair of wooden clogs, with a pipe in his mouth, and light ash-colored hair parted in the middle, this man's peculiar square glasses occasionally revealed a strange glint.

"Y-yes... sir..."

Sensing the danger emanating from the middle-aged man in front of him, Doma can barely even bandage his wrist that was cut, his body trembling uncontrollably.

"That Scarlet Yu's strength is as terrifying as rumored, so... what should we do now?"

"What should we do? We merchants are only in it for wealth..."

Upon hearing Doma's words, the mysterious middle-aged man set down his pipe, "Since this Scarlet Yu is so powerful, withdraw all the bounties related to him."

"There are plenty of people in the Ninja world who want his life... I don't think it's our turn to act in haste."

As he spoke, the middle-aged man removed his peculiar square glasses, revealing black pupils with a cross-shaped pattern in the center, eerie eyes with blood-red whites, and even two lines of horrifying blood flowing from his eyes.

...

Meanwhile, in the woods outside of Tanzaku Quarters.

The figures of two teenagers, Haku and Kimimaro, are engaged in a Ninja battle, their movements alternating between cooperation and separation.

Bang! Bang!

Two crisp collisions, as the two youngsters swiftly clash. Haku's palm grabbed Kimimaro's fist, while Kimimaro's knee countered a kick from Haku.

"Useless, Haku."

"In Taijutsu, you're not my match."

Seeing Haku blocking his attack, Kimimaro's stern face barely showed a hint of a smirk. The powerful Shikotsumyaku Kekkei Genkai within him suddenly activates, and in an instant, a sharp white bone blade emerges from his hand, slashing toward Haku.

Swish!

However, Haku, who was struck by Kimimaro's blade, suddenly turned into a puddle of clear water, scattering on the ground.

"Indeed... a Water Clone..."

"Your progress is impressive... Haku."

After a period of training, Haku, with excellent Ninjutsu talent, had learned quite a few simple Water Release Ninjutsu. Therefore, seeing Haku use the Water Clone technique didn't surprise Kimimaro in the slightest.

"Compared to Yu-sama, who can perform high-level Water Release techniques even in environments without water, I'm still just learning to walk."

Hearing Kimimaro's praise, Haku's humble voice echoed from the side, "Be careful, Kimimaro."

Water Release: Thousand Flying Water Needles of Death!

As the words rang out, Haku, appearing beside him, swiftly formed hand seals, and under his feet, the water stains left behind by the scattered Water Clones on the ground stirred up countless splashes of water.

With Haku's precise Chakra Control, the countless splashes of water under his feet instantly transformed into numerous sharp Senbon needles, attacking Kimimaro from all angles in a 360-degree radius.

Having awakened the ability to manipulate water and ice at a very young age, although not possessing the formidable strength of releasing Ninjutsu with a single hand seal as seen in the anime when he first appeared.

However, after Yu's guidance and training during this period, and with the premise of being in a water environment, the exceptionally talented Haku, who is only six years old, has already successfully performed this simple C-rank Water Release Ninjutsu.

----

Support me on patreon for More advanced chapters up to 50 so far patreon.com/DemonWriter