Chapter 25: Applying for Early Graduation

Time passed by. In the mundane life of the Ninja Academy, a year went by.

With Yu's astonishing performance at the Ninja Academy, the name "Yakushi Yu" began to circulate, alongside the genius of the Uchiha clan, Shisui, in the village.

Now, almost everyone in the village knew that after the son of White Fang, Kakashi Hatake, Konoha had produced two incredible young ninjas.

Inside the Hokage's office in Konoha.

Sitting there were the Third Hokage, Hiruzen Sarutobi, Danzo Shimura, and two other high-ranking advisors, Homura Mitokado and Koharu Utatane.

"Applying for early graduation..."

The two application forms placed in front of the Third Hokage caught the attention of Konoha's top leadership.

Exhaling a cloud of thick smoke from his tobacco pipe, the aging face of the Third Hokage furrowed in deep thought.

"They've only been in school for a year; is it too early?"

As time advanced, the Third Great Ninja War, now in its 45th year, had intensified. The ongoing conflict with the Hidden Sand Village and a sudden attack by the Hidden Rock Village placed immense pressure on Konoha, with battles raging on two fronts simultaneously.

Reports constantly came in from the front lines, casting a somber atmosphere over the entire Hokage's office.

"I've never seen students like them..."

"It's not just the Clone Jutsu from last year's graduation exam..."

"They scored perfectly on all ninjutsu, taijutsu, and ninja tools evaluations."

Hearing the Third Hokage's skepticism, the red-eyed Shinku stepped forward, kneeling on one knee with a composed expression. He then revealed a hint of unexplainable sentimentality on his steady face.

"In every other aspect, they excel as well. Keeping them at the Ninja Academy wouldn't serve any purpose..."

"So, Hokage-sama, I propose that Yakushi Yu applies for early graduation."

Seeing Yuhi shinku step forward with his suggestion, another Chunin ninja in the office joined him.

"Likewise, Hokage-sama!"

"I propose that Shisui Uchiha applies for early graduation too!"

He was their ninja instructor from Team Two of the Ninja Academy, also serving as Shisui Uchiha's homeroom teacher.

"Yakushi Yu and Shisui Uchiha, huh..."

As the Third Hokage gazed at Shinku and the other Chunin ninja before him, he mumbled the names that had recently been widely discussed in the village.

Especially when he mentioned Shisui's name, a touch of nostalgia flickered in the elderly Third Hokage's eyes.

Shisui Uchiha... a descendant of Kagami.

"At the same time, both of these kids are only in their first year, right?"

Although he was surprised by the talents of the two young boys, the Third Hokage still harbored some concerns.

He turned his gaze to the other three top Konoha leaders to hear their opinions.

"They're in the first year, indeed..."

"But wouldn't it be good? Besides, there are precedents, aren't there?"

At this moment, a deep voice resounded, and Danzo Shimura, seated beside the Third Hokage, spoke up.

"These two kids... should be exceptionally rare talents for Konoha, right?"

"Letting them graduate early is for their own good..."

With his low voice, Danzo Shimura, who had his left eye concealed by a white bandage, revealed an imperceptible hint of greed and ambition.

Ever since he established the underground organization "Root" in Konoha, Danzo had become even more eager for talented individuals.

For example, a few years ago, Kakashi Hatake, who graduated from the Ninja Academy at the age of five, was one of his long-cherished goals.

"Hmm..."

"Danzo does have a point."

Although he usually disagreed with Danzo, today the Third Hokage surprisingly agreed with his suggestion.

After a brief contemplation, the Third Hokage continued, "I didn't expect that in just one year, these two kids would apply for graduation. Their talents are truly astonishing."

Yakushi Yu and Shisui Uchiha's incredible talents reminded him of his own disciple, Orochimaru.

No, even Orochimaru... didn't reach this level at their age.

"Talented ninja like them should be honed early."

Putting down his tobacco pipe, the Third Hokage signed his name on the application forms.

"However, for the safety of these two kids..."

"To graduate early, they'll need to undergo a rigorous test."

...

"Yakushi Yu..."

"Quite interesting. He's even on par with Shisui Uchiha."

Seeing the Third Hokage approve the early graduation applications of the two youngsters, Danzo, with his left eye concealed, gleamed with an inscrutable depth and cunning.

If he wasn't mistaken...

This should be the child adopted by that woman, right?

Three days later.

The news of Shisui Uchiha and Yakushi Yu applying for early graduation sent shockwaves through the entire Ninja Academy, and discussions were rampant throughout the village.

"Have you heard? That genius from the Uchiha clan, Shisui Uchiha, applied for early graduation!"

In a tavern, a Chunin ninja chatted with a comrade.

"I heard about it a while ago! But besides Shisui Uchiha, there's another kid who applied for early graduation."

Another Chunin ninja, looking somewhat dismissive, spoke, "Although the Hokage approved it, it won't be easy for those two kids to graduate smoothly."

"Word has it that, in addition to the regular graduation exam, those two kids have to face three Genin ninjas in combat to pass."

"Three Genin ninja? Isn't that unfair?" The previous ninja widened his eyes in disbelief. "Usually, to graduate from the Ninja Academy, you just need to reach the level of a Genin, right?"

"This is what I heard while patrolling the Hokage's office..."

"After all, it's a time of war. If we don't want those two kids to die on the battlefield, the requirements for them are bound to be more stringent."

The Chunin ninja then said with a change of tone, "But the Hokage's intention isn't for them to defeat three Genin ninja; it's to see if they can survive the battle with them."

"I see... It seems that the Third Hokage is really putting in a lot of effort for these kids in the village."

In the back of the village, as the entire village discussed these matters...

Yu continued to practice tirelessly, day after day, all by himself.

"Five-Line Technique!"

With a shout from Yu, his left hand formed into a claw, and he struck out at a large tree ten meters away.

"Boom!"

Five sharp and invisible lines tore through the air, instantly cutting the tree, which was about the size of a child's hug, into six pieces.

The towering tree fell, raising a cloud of dust in the forest.

----

Support me on patreon for More advanced chapters up to 50 so far patreon.com/DemonWriter