Chapter 41: The Leaf Village Medical Team

Second chapter for today
-----

"Ah, Hokage-sama!"

In the bustling hallway, numerous medical ninjas clad in white robes and wearing white hats were bustling about. As they saw the Third Hokage enter, they rushed forward to greet him.

"No need for formalities, both of you come with me to the medical room," said the Third Hokage, beckoning Yu to follow him.

As they entered the room, all Yu could see were rows of white hospital beds, each occupied by nearly a hundred injured shinobi. About a dozen medical ninjas emitted a faint green glow from their hands, diligently performing healing jutsu on the wounded.

"This is the medical room of the Ninja Hospital, and these are all members of our Leaf Village medical team," the Third Hokage briefly introduced as they surveyed the scene. "All these injured shinobi were brought back from the front lines yesterday."

Seeing the extent of the casualties suffered by Leaf Village's shinobi, the Third Hokage couldn't help but feel a heavy burden on his heart. Yu nodded in understanding, then walked up to one of the medical ninjas who was tending to an injured shinobi.

"Let me give it a try," Yu said softly as he examined the injured shinobi lying on the bed.

"Try what?" The medical ninja currently occupied with treating the injured shinobi was taken aback by Yu's request.

Glancing up at the six or seven-year-old Yu, the medical ninja's face revealed a hint of impatience. "We're busy here. Kid, go play somewhere else and don't interfere with the treatment of the injured."

"Let him try," a low, authoritative voice interjected just as the medical ninja was about to stop Yu. The Third Hokage, who had been observing, nodded slightly to signal his approval.

"Hokage-sama!"

The medical ninja finally noticed the presence of the Third Hokage and quickly stepped aside.

Mystic Palm Jutsu!

Once the medical ninja cleared the way, Yu inspected the injured shinobi's wounds, and his hands swiftly formed seals. A soft green chakra enveloped Yu's entire palm, adhering to the injured area on the shinobi.

Under the watchful eyes of everyone present, the wounded shinobi's injuries began to rapidly heal at a visible rate. In the blink of an eye, the grievous wounds turned into smooth, unblemished skin, as if they had never been injured at all.

As the injured shinobi underwent this miraculous treatment, their furrowed brows gradually relaxed, and they began regaining consciousness. One of them, still somewhat disoriented, murmured, "Where am I? Am I not dead?"

Witnessing this awe-inspiring scene, the Third Hokage wore a contented smile on his face. The group of medical ninjas in white robes surrounding Yu displayed expressions of amazement.

"Who is this young man?"

"He's actually using the Mystic Palm Jutsu, an advanced medical ninjutsu!"

"How is it possible that such severe injuries are instantly healed?"

Seeing the young boy of merely six or seven years perform advanced medical ninjutsu to revive an unconscious patient left the surrounding medical ninjas utterly astonished.

"Indeed..."

"Yu, you couldn't have been more fitting for placement in the medical team."

Disregarding the surprised gazes of all the medical ninjas in the room, the Third Hokage was visibly pleased as he looked at Yu, who had just demonstrated his extraordinary medical ninjutsu abilities.

Hemostasis jutsu, healing jutsu – most members of the medical team could perform these basic medical ninjutsu. However, the Mystic Palm Jutsu, classified as an A-ranked super-advanced medical ninjutsu due to its demanding chakra control, was a rare and almost extinct skill. Only a handful in the medical team could use it.

"Hokage-sama, who is he?" The medical ninjas in the room, curious about Yu's identity, looked to the Third Hokage for an introduction.

"Cough, let me introduce him," the Third Hokage cleared his throat and proceeded to explain. "His name is Yakushi Yu, a recent graduate from the Ninja Academy. Starting today, he will be working with all of you in the medical team."

"What? Yakushi Yu?"

"He's the recent sensation in Konoha..."

"I can't believe he possesses such incredible medical ninjutsu right after graduating from the Academy!"

"He graduated from the Academy with this level of skill? He truly lives up to the reputation of being Konoha's number one prodigy!"

Upon hearing the Third Hokage's introduction, the medical ninjas in the room began to discuss animatedly.

"I am Yakushi Yu. Please take care of me," Yu said, stepping forward with a courteous nod in response to the astonished gazes of those present.

"Alright, Yu," the Third Hokage said, "Starting today, you'll work here. Don't let me down."

"Rest assured, Hokage-sama," Yu replied with a determined look. He turned his gaze back to the busy Leaf Village medical team, realizing that he would be spending quite a long time here.

...

Time flew by, and three months had passed.

"Rumble... Rumble..."

Sounds of commotion echoed from the back mountains of Konoha.

"Water Release: Hard Whirlpool Blade!"

With a shout from Yu, his right palm formed a condensed, swirling chakra sphere known as the Rasengan.

"Splash, splash, splash!"

After infusing the chakra with water nature transformation, the sphere underwent a drastic transformation. Yu's entire right hand was enveloped by what seemed like a spiraling water vortex, releasing a continuous and deafening roar. It appeared as though Yu held an intensely concentrated waterfall within his hand.

"At last... it's complete!"

After three months of dedicated training, Yu felt a surge of excitement as he successfully executed the ultimate Water Release jutsu, an S-rank technique known as the Hard Whirlpool Blade.

His amber eyes gleamed with exhilaration as he released the jutsu with a powerful thrust.

"Boom!"

Unexpectedly, the massive surge of water shot out with terrifying force, expanding into an immense water tornado. It violently pulled in and shattered nearby trees and earth, creating a scene of utter destruction.

"This... the power is incredible!"

Even Yu, who had developed the jutsu, was stunned by the overwhelming force it unleashed. The devastation caused by his new technique appeared even more formidable than the Wind Release: Rasenshurikan that the original story's protagonist, Naruto Uzumaki, had mastered.

"I have no choice with you..."

Suddenly, a sinister voice whispered into Yu's ear, catching him completely off guard.

----

Support me on patreon for More advanced chapters up to 50 so far patreon.com/DemonWriter