Chapter 82: Night Visit

"Don't be so disheartened, Shisui."

"When your Sharingan reaches a higher level, I believe your strength will undergo a remarkable transformation."

Yu's words didn't really console Shisui. When he mentioned a higher level, he wasn't referring to the three Tomoe Sharingan but rather the legendary Mangekyo Sharingan.

For every Uchiha who awakens the Mangekyo Sharingan, their strength undergoes a profound transformation. They instantly reach the level of a Kage, entering a rapid phase of skill improvement.

In the original work, Shisui, with his Body Flicker, was no exception. Awakened with the most powerful Genjutsu, he, at a young age, became the strongest ninja in the contemporary Uchiha clan.

"A higher level of Sharingan, huh..."

Shisui subconsciously thought Yu was referring to the three Tomoe Sharingan, as he hadn't yet discovered the secrets of the Mangekyo Sharingan.

"But you didn't seem to use your Kekkei Genkai just now, did you?"

Recalling the comprehensive domination of strength that Yu displayed in the recent battle, Shisui couldn't help but feel a trace of defeat in his heart. Despite his calm and gentle nature, he had shown remarkable talent and abilities since childhood. Being hailed as a genius, it was somewhat unacceptable for him to be repeatedly overshadowed by a peer of the same age.

"Well, well..."
"At your age, reaching this level makes you outstanding in the entire history of ninjas."

Feeling the 'resentful' gaze from Shisui, Yu comforted him, patting his own nose.

That was a truth. Uchiha Shisui, Uchiha Itachi, Minato Namikaze—these genuine prodigy ninjas in the original work, if not for their premature deaths, no one could imagine the heights of their future achievements in the entire history of ninjas. However, one thing was certain: Kage was definitely not their ultimate destination.

Yet, Yu, the transmigrator, was a special exception. With extraordinary innate talent, the assistance of Devil Law, understanding of this world, and the diligent cultivation day and night, he became a monster that could not be measured by common sense.

"It was truly a splendid battle..."
Just as Yu and Shisui were conversing, a deep and steady voice suddenly reached them from the side.

"Senior Shinnosuke?!"

They turned their heads and saw a tall and robust ANBU Ninja with a rabbit-faced mask walking towards them. Shisui, standing next to Yu, immediately recognized the identity of the approaching figure.

Shinnosuke? Could it be...

Hearing Shisui's address, Yu was momentarily surprised, and in his mind, an unfamiliar name instantly surfaced.

"You must be Yu."

Once the tall ANBU Ninja reached them, he lowered his head to look at Yu.

"If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes today, I wouldn't believe there could be a ninja more talented than this kid, Shisui, in this world."

"It seems the old man has taken in another remarkable disciple..."

It was really him!

Hearing the reference to Lord Third, Yu was now completely certain of his identity.

Sarutobi Shinnosuke—Lord Third Hokage Sarutobi Hiruzen's eldest son, Asuma's brother, and the future father of Konohamaru. He's a Ninja who never appeared in the original work.
During this period, he hasn't met his end yet and is one of the strongest elite Jonin in Konoha's ANBU. He excels in both Earth Release and Fire Release Ninjutsu and serves as Shisui's team leader.

"So, it's Senior Shinnosuke..."

"I've always heard Sarutobi-sensei mention you, and today I finally get to meet you in person."

After recognizing the person, Yu nodded slightly and saluted. The other party didn't remove the mask on their face—this was a rule of Konoha's ANBU. During missions, one couldn't reveal their true identity and could only address each other by their code names.

By using the real names of each other, Yu and Shisui were, in fact, violating the rules of Konoha's ANBU.

"Yu!"
"Are you okay?!"

At this moment, a soft voice reached them. Seeing the ongoing battle, a graceful figure hurriedly ran over from not too far away.

She had long, black, slightly curled hair, captivating red eyes, and wore a set of white Ninja shorts with a red lining, looking both pure and enchanting, drawing the attention of passersby.

As the stunning girl ran up to him, her amber eyes slightly widened.

"You scared me..."

"I saw you fighting with someone here just now, so I ran over. Are you okay?"

Seeing that Yu was unharmed, the girl, Kurenai, breathed a sigh of relief, not hiding the concern in her eyes.

"Ahaha... Let's go, Shisui."
"Don't disturb them here."

With Kurenai's arrival, Sarutobi Shinnosuke on the side burst into laughter, grabbing Shisui and using Body Flicker Jutsu to disappear instantly.

Left behind, Yu and Kurenai exchanged glances, and the atmosphere became even more awkward.

"Um, I'm fine..."

"Thank you for your concern, Kurenai-Nee"

As Sarutobi Shinnosuke and Shisui left, the surroundings suddenly quieted down. Yu then spoke, trying to ease the tension.

"Hmph, you certainly don't need my concern..."
"Well, it's true. Where's your little girlfriend from last time? Didn't see her today."

However, upon hearing Yu's polite words, Kurenai just lightly hmphed, her small mouth pouting slightly in displeasure.

"Cough... You mean Yugao."

Seeing Kurenai's displeased expression, Yu almost choked on his own saliva.

He didn't expect that Kurenai would still remember the incident at the ninja hospital from last time until now.

"She's not my girlfriend. I'm too young to have a girlfriend..."

Although he explained it this way, Yu increasingly felt uneasy. The degree of early romantic relationships in this world was far beyond that of his previous society.
Thinking back to the scenes of being together, Uzuki Yugao's obvious admiration and affection for him, Yu, with the soul of an older person, found it challenging to accept that he would be in a romantic relationship at this early age so he's trying to avoid it.

"So, she's not your girlfriend, huh!"

"Hey, you should've said that earlier. You had me worried for a moment..."

However, hearing Yu's explanation, Kurenai suddenly smiled.

Ignoring Yu's struggle, she reached out with her fair arm and hooked it around his neck, dragging him toward the central streets of Konoha.

"Eh, eh, eh! Where are you taking me, Kurenai-nee?"

"Let's go! I'll treat you to the best dumplings in Konoha!"

Unfazed by Yu's reaction, Kurenai continued to pull Yu along.

As the sun set, the two figures gradually disappeared into the distance.

...
Nightfall, in the silence.

The normally dimly lit halls of the Konoha Orphanage were unusually bright tonight.

"Long time no see..."

"Your complexion seems to have worsened, Nono."

The appearance of three uninvited guests clad in black cloaks cast a heavy atmosphere over the entire hall.

----

Support me on patreon for More advanced chapters up to 50 so far patreon.com/DemonWriter