Chapter 14: Results of Training

Being able to use excellent medical ninjutsu at such a young age, Yu, who was currently standing in front of the group, was undoubtedly the object of envy for all the orphans present.

"Hey! It's almost nine o'clock now!"

"You little rascals, why aren't you going to bed yet? And that new kid too!"

But before Yu could say anything, a stern voice echoed from inside.

A plump auntie and an elderly man with white hair and glasses were seen walking into the hall from the inner room.

They were dressed in the distinctive black kimono with white shoulder wraps of Konoha Orphanage, the two assistant directors of the orphanage, Keiri and Kanpu, who assisted Yakushi Nono.

"No need to look so scared..."

"Although they seem fierce, Aunt Keiri and Grandpa Kanpu are actually very kind people."

Seeing the young orphanage boy Kabuto, who seemed a bit frightened by the stern-looking auntie, Yu comforted him calmly.

In fact, those who chose to work at Konoha Orphanage without caring about salary and rewards were not bad people.

"I'm Yakushi Yu."

"I'm one year older than you, so just call me Yu."

After saying this, Yu didn't pay attention to the reaction of the Yakushi Kabuto in front of him and walked straight towards the sleeping quarters.

After all, after practicing with the Thread-Thread Fruit ability all day, Yu was feeling quite exhausted.

Using the Thread-Thread Fruit's power frequently had been a significant test of his stamina.

"Yakushi Yu, Yu..."

Staring blankly at Yu's departing figure, the young Kabuto muttered Yu's name.

"Does he... not like me?"

Kabuto had noticed the complex look in Yu's eyes when he had been watching him.

Although he was still young, the sharp and thoughtful Yakushi Kabuto had sensed that Yu's attitude towards him was different from the other children.

Of course, Kabuto had no way of knowing that, under normal circumstances and without any external interference, he would play a critical role in the future.

He would be the one to kill the most important person in his life, Yakushi Nono, with his own hands.

"Just like the plot's trajectory."

"Yakushi Kabuto has also appeared..."

Lying on the bed and looking at the ceiling, Yu's thoughts swirled in his mind.

At the moment he had confirmed Yakushi Kabuto's identity, he had almost used the Thread-Thread Fruit ability to cut off Kabuto's head. However, his rationality had made him forcibly suppress that impulse.

"But no matter what, I will protect Nono."

"I won't let the plot repeat itself... never!"

With a determined gaze, he clenched his fists, feeling the chakra and Thread-Thread Fruit's power surging within him.

After a whole day of intensive training, Yu finally closed his eyes and fell into a deep sleep...

Time passed quickly.

Two months flew by in the blink of an eye.

Soon, it was the day for the annual enrollment of the ninja academy in Konoha.