Chapter 22: Real Combat Exercise

Thank you so much to everyone voting for the story; you guys are the best!

---

After their painful lesson from the previous encounter, Inari, Kotetsu, and a few others would almost always avoid Yu whenever they saw him at the ninja academy, as if they had seen a ghost.

On this day, at the vast training ground of the ninja academy, all the students of Team Three, where Yu belonged, were assembled.

"Classmates, today's activity is a real combat exercise," announced the ninja instructor, Shinku Kurenai, looking satisfied as he observed all the students of Team Three gathered before her. "The purpose is to gain real combat experience and identify your individual shortcomings."

As all the students of Team Three had assembled, the instructor, Shinku, nodded in satisfaction and made her announcement.

"So today's real combat exercise will take the form of an all-out brawl."

"You can choose your opponents and even find temporary allies during the battle."

An all-out brawl? Hearing these words from their homeroom teacher, Shinku, the students began to discuss it among themselves. Especially Yu, who could feel several hostile gazes directed at him from the crowd.

It seemed that the educational methods at the ninja academy during wartime were quite different from those in peacetime.

Unfazed by the unfriendly glances around him, Yu stood among his peers, lost in thought. After all, in actual combat, anything could happen, and this form of real combat exercise would undoubtedly reveal a ninja's adaptability and weaknesses.

It's worth mentioning that the instructor for Team Three was none other than Yuhi , the father of Yuhi Akane, the character from the original series.

He was a Konoha jōnin who had perished during the Nine-Tails attack. Although, at this time, Yuhi Shinku had not yet reached the rank of jōnin and was merely an instructor for a team of academy students.

However, his strength was already close to jōnin level, making him the strongest instructor at the entire ninja academy.

It was precisely because of his confidence in his own strength that Yuhi Shinku dared to use such a potentially dangerous form of real combat exercise to sharpen the skills of the academy students.

"Then..."

"The real combat exercise begins now!"

Without any further ado, Yuhi Shinku declared the start of the exercise and positioned himself nearby to observe.

"Sorry, Yakushi! I didn't mean to!"

Sure enough, the moment Yuhi Shinku declared the exercise's commencement, a voice came from behind Yu.

Seizing the opportunity while the surrounding students were busy finding hiding spots in the grass and trees, a fellow student had already rushed up to Yu's back, ready to land a punch.

As if he had eyes on his back, Yu's eyes flickered when he faced the expected surprise attack. He lightly sidestepped, narrowly avoiding the punch aimed at his back.

"Wah wah wah! That hurts! Let go!"

With a burst of cries of pain, Yu effortlessly turned around and reached the attacker's back. He grabbed the student's arm and twisted it slightly, pinning him to the ground, rendering him unable to move.

"Shiranui, you're out!"

Seeing that a student had been subdued by Yu within the first two seconds of the real combat exercise, Yuhi Shinku immediately declared the student's elimination. At the same time, a peculiar look flashed in his deep red eyes.