Chapter 184: Killing A Chicken To Scare The Monkeys

"Ouch... it hurts..."

"What on earth is this thing?!"

Watching Yu manipulate Michael in front of him, pressing a group of Ninja wanderers against the wall, the collapsed underground exchange center was silent, filled only with the miserable groans of the Ninja wanderers on the wall.

"Such astonishing power..."

"Such a young brat actually possesses such formidable strength; his heart must be very vigorous."

Only Kakuzu, standing in the dark corner nearby, looked at the scene before him, his icy green eyes flashing with a strange and cruel light.

"The magnitude of one's ability determines the magnitude of one's deeds."

"You know, swatting flies every day is a very boring thing to do."

With indifferent eyes, Yu gazed at the group of Ninja wanderers pressed against the wall by Michael's use of the giant barrier, his calm words filled with warnings and provocations, "If you're still interested in my head, you can make your move now."

Boom!!

As Yu's words fell, Tyrant behind him suddenly slammed his palm down fiercely.

The powerful impact crashed against Michael's giant barrier. The terrifying force directly crushed the group of Ninja wanderers on the wall in front of everyone, turning them into a mist of blood and minced meat that slid down.

Hiss...

Even though they knew Yu's purpose was to scare them, seeing the Devil-like teenager in front of them resort to such brutal and bloody methods, all the remaining people couldn't help but inhale sharply in shock.

"You must be the one in charge here, right? Go back and tell the boss behind the exchange center..."

After manipulating Michael and Tyrant to crush a group of Ninja wanderers with great force, feeling the terrified gazes around him, Yu's gaze finally fell on Doma, "If I see anyone taking a bounty task related to me from your hands again, I'll make all of you disappear from this world just like them!"

"And, by the way, I happen to be a little tight on cash recently..."

After saying this, Yu seemed to suddenly remember something, and his tone changed abruptly, "Since the bounty on my head is three hundred million, then hand over all three hundred million to me!"

"What? Three hundred million?!"

Upon hearing Yu's arrogant demand, Doma, the responsible person at the exchange center, widened his eyes, looking at the young man in front of him with incredulous eyes. "Are you out of your mind? Our boss won't let you off... Ahhh!!!"

Just as Doma's words were halfway through, they turned into screams. Yu lightly flicked his finger, and an incredibly sharp thread instantly severed one of his wrists.

"You got two choices"

"One, you go get it now."

"Two, I kill you, then I go get it."

Yu said indifferently, ignoring Doma, who was writhing on the ground in pain, clutching his wrist.

"Damn it..."

Faced with Yu's uncompromising attitude and ruthless methods, Doma reluctantly gritted his teeth and opened the underground exchange center's vault with a key, placing the entire three hundred million in cash in front of Yu.

"If only you had done this earlier, right?"

Looking at the countless cash spread out before him, Yu's lips curled up slightly. He manipulated Kaio, who was in a different dimension, to open the air gate and collect all the cash inside.

Although personal strength is the center of the world in the later stages of Naruto, money is essentially irrelevant. However, in the earlier stages of everyday life in the ordinary Ninja world, living within the system, everyone needs money for their basic needs.

For Yu, who has successfully completed more than ten S-rank missions in Konoha, money is not a problem. However, if this money is used to improve the lives of his friends and children in the Konoha orphanage, Yu believes Nono would be very happy.

"So much money..."

"If I take your bounty along with you, I'll have a total of six hundred million!"

Just as Yu had just collected the three hundred million in cash in front of him, a low, rumbling voice from nearby suddenly put Yu on alert with his Observation Haki.

Boom!!

Yu decisively performed the Body Flicker Jutsu to dodge, and in that instant, the ground where he had been standing was completely smashed by a powerful and heavy punch.

With his icy green eyes and the forehead protector of a Waterfall Village defector, it was Kakuzu, the money-loving shinobi, who couldn't resist attacking when he saw Yu acquire so much cash!

'This guy... is it Kakuzu...'

With his Observation Haki, Yu instantly avoided the sudden attack from Kakuzu beside him. As he scrutinized the appearance of this tall Waterfall Village defector, Yu immediately recognized the guy's identity.

'He really is the money-loving old man...

I didn't expect to encounter him here...'

Since Kakuzu wasn't wearing the black-and-red cloak with white clouds that Yu remembered as the standard attire of the Akatsuki members, Yu couldn't determine whether this version of Kakuzu had joined the Akatsuki yet.

"Your reaction is indeed fast..."

Seeing Yu swiftly evade his surprise attack, Kakuzu's icy green eyes narrowed with a hint of displeasure.

Just now, Kakuzu witnessed firsthand Yu manipulating the terrifying combat capabilities of the Devil Puppets, Tyrant and Michael. As an extremely experienced combatant, Kakuzu, the immortal monster, initially thought that Yu, as a puppeteer, would have a significant weakness in close combat.

However, he didn't expect Yu's agility and reflexes to be so fast. Kakuzu, who initially felt ninety percent confident, suddenly felt his heart sink.

"Earth Release: Earth Spear!!"

However, seeing Yu didn't provide Kakuzu with much opportunity to create distance. Kakuzu swiftly stepped forward and threw a fierce punch, with a faint metallic gleam appearing on his waxen-yellow skin.

This Earth Release Ninjutsu utilizes the flowing chakra throughout the body to harden the skin, enhancing defense to its utmost limit, while simultaneously increasing the destructive power of physical attacks, making it a highly versatile technique.

While defending, it can convert defense into offense, rendering the body as hard as diamonds, capable of inflicting harm upon opponents.

"Using Earth Release Ninjutsu to Harden the body..."

Facing the instantly close-up Kakuzu beside him, seeing this Kage Ninja, one of the immortal duo in the Akatsuki organization, combining powerful Earth Release Ninjutsu with exquisite Taijutsu, Yu's face immediately showed a hint of interested expression.

"Then let me see, compared to my Armament Haki, which one is tougher!!"

Boom!!

As the words fell, Yu's black palm was instantly covered with Armament Haki as he straightforwardly threw a punch without any tricks, directly meeting Kakuzu's fist that was using Earth Release Ninjutsu Hardening.

As the two fists collided, they emitted a thunderous noise akin to metallic objects clashing. An invisible ripple spread through the air, leaving everyone present in utter astonishment.

"You actually collided directly with me while I'm using Earth Release Hardening?"

After the collision, feeling an immensely powerful force surging like a tide, Kakuzu, whose entire body was covered in Earth Release Ninjutsu Hardening, even felt a twinge of pain in his fist.

"How is this possible? This kid's strength..."

----

Support me on patreon for More advanced chapters up to 50 so far patreon.com/DemonWriter