Chapter 10: Beginning Training

"Yes, this is it!"

After walking for about half an hour, Yu finally arrived at the training spot he had been looking for.

It was a low-lying valley with a clear stream running through the middle, and a magnificent waterfall cascading down from the mountain.

There was no sign of anyone within a kilometer radius, and the area was surrounded by dense forests, ensuring privacy from prying eyes.

"Before I start training, I should check the nature of my chakra."

Yu reached into his ninja pouch and took out a chakra test paper, holding it in his hand.

He concentrated his chakra into his hand and transferred it onto the test paper.

Soon, Yu saw a change in the test paper. After infusing it with chakra, the paper first became wet and then wrinkled.

"A change in the properties of water and lightning?"

After observing the changes on the test paper, Yu muttered to himself, "If they can be fused together, it would be Storm Release - a lightning that can be controlled like water."

Storm Release, a kekkei genkai formed by merging the chakra natures of water and lightning, was a very powerful bloodline limit ability.

For example, in the original Naruto series, Madara Uchiha used the Sage Art: Storm Release Light Fang, which was similar to a laser beam and had enough power to break through Naruto Uzumaki's Truth-Seeking Balls created by inheriting the Six Paths Sage Techniques.

Because he was a transmigrator, knowing his chakra nature was essential.

After determining his chakra nature, Yu naturally began to imagine how to better develop his abilities.

"However, bloodline limit-level chakra nature changes like this are not something I can consider right now."

"Better focus on training and developing the powers of the String Fruit first."

It was a beautiful thought, but in reality, Yu was still a little kid who hadn't even entered the ninja academy.

So, for now, it was wiser for Yu to work on developing the power of the String Fruit he had just acquired.

"Mono-String!"

Putting an end to his daydreaming, Yu focused on a small tree trunk in front of him.

He extended his hand into a claw shape and swung it toward the small tree trunk.

An almost invisible and extremely thin string, too fine for the naked eye to see, emerged from Yu's fingertips.

"Bang!"

The string, sharper than piano wire, sliced through the air.

Carrying the full force of Yu's strike, the small tree trunk in front of him snapped in two.

The cut was neat and smooth, as if it had been sliced by an invisible scythe.

"Very good..."

Seeing the small tree trunk cut in one strike, Yu nodded in satisfaction.

To have such destructive power right after gaining the String Fruit ability was already impressive. With diligent practice, Yu believed that he could hold his ground in the ninja world, at least against most opponents, as long as they weren't the crazy endgame bosses.

The String Fruit was an incredibly powerful and versatile Devil Fruit ability.

It allowed the user to transform their body into strings, remotely control others like puppets, attach strings to clouds and fly in the air, control the movements of multiple targets simultaneously, and use invisible strings to cut through both living beings and objects, even slicing through materials harder than steel.