Chapter 23: Hyuga Setsuna

"Amazing!"

"Is this guy really a fellow ninja academy student from our year?"

This time, it wasn't just the group of girls nearby.

Even the male students who had already been eliminated were exclaiming in amazement.

Indeed.

Although it was the time of war, the basic ninja skills of the academy's students were quite high.

However, when dealing with these low-level brats who hadn't even reached the level of Genin yet, Yu hardly needed to use his Thread-Thread Fruit abilities or other advanced ninjutsu. With his formidable physical abilities and taijutsu skills alone, he effortlessly overwhelmed this group of academy students.

"Perhaps..."

"Only that guy Shisui can make me bring out my true strength?"

With this thought in mind, faced with one seemingly simple attack after another, Yu became even more determined to apply for early graduation after mastering all the basic ninja arts.

After all, he didn't enter the ninja academy just to mess around or pretend to be someone he wasn't; he wasn't interested in playing house.

"Are you Yakushi Yu?"

But at that moment, a cold voice sounded.

In Yu's momentary distraction, he saw a figure dressed in white swiftly dispatching several academy students around him and blocking his way.

"Let me see, the one who can overshadow Uchiha Shisui, a genius of the Uchiha clan..."

"What kind of strength do you possess?"

With flowing jet-black hair, a kimono with a black base and white edges, and a surprisingly handsome face, what caught Yu's attention the most were the pure white eyes of the young man before him.

Clearly, he was a member of Konoha's oldest and most prestigious clan—the Hyuga clan!

"Hyuga Setsuna?"

Faced with the sudden appearance of the Hyuga clan youth, Yu's initially indifferent gaze finally became a bit more serious.

Among all the students in the same year at the ninja academy, aside from Uchiha Shisui, who was assigned to another class, this young man named Hyuga Setsuna had the strongest strength.

He was indeed a genius ninja of the Hyuga clan, a talent not mentioned in the original storyline.

"Byakugan!"

Without further ado, the Hyuga clan youth in front of Yu formed hand seals.

His pure white eyes suddenly widened, and veins on both sides of his temples bulged, revealing a ferocious appearance.

"You awakened the Byakugan at such a young age?!"

Facing the activated Byakugan of Hyuga Setsuna before him, Yu felt as if his entire body was being seen through by those sharp eyes, and a hint of surprise appeared on his face.

The Byakugan—an ancient bloodline limit of the Hyuga clan in Konoha.

Although its activation method was not as demanding as the Uchiha clan's Sharingan, awakening the Byakugan at such a young age was evidence of Hyuga Setsuna's outstanding talent.

"Be careful! Gentle Fist!"

After activating the Byakugan and noticing that Yu seemed somewhat distracted, the Hyuga clan youth reminded him. Blue chakra had already begun to emanate from his hands.