Chapter 53: Team Kakashi

"Are you okay, Yu?"
"I rushed over as soon as I heard the news. You really scared me!"

Before Kurenai could answer Yu's question, another melodious voice immediately interjected.

A gentle breeze wafted through, and just as Yu, who had just propped himself up from the bed, was about to respond, he was tightly embraced.

"Yugao?"

Familiar purple long hair, a subtle fragrance that seemed to be there and not there, there was no way Yu wouldn't recognize the person hugging him.

"Darn it... he's even more popular with girls than Kakashi."

"Minato-sensei, who exactly is this little guy?!"

Seeing Yu in the midst of the care of Kurenai and Uzuki Yugao, an unfamiliar voice sounded somewhat dissatisfied.

After breaking free from Uzuki Yugao's embrace, Yu finally took a clear look at his surroundings.

Konoha's Ninja Hospital, inside a tidy hospital room.

Apart from Uzuki Yugao, Kurenai, and Might Guy, standing in the room were Minato Namikaze and three little ones by his side.

One had silver-white hair with a mask covering his face, revealing a pair of lifeless eyes.

Another had black short hair, dressed in a blue and orange Ninja outfit, with protective goggles on his forehead.

The third was a girl with short brown hair and large deep brown pupils. On her cute and lovely face, there were purple patterns on both sides.

Hatake Kakashi, Uchiha Obito, Nohara Rin.

Without much thought, Yu immediately recognized the identities of the three.

"Don't say it like that, Obito..."

"Even though we've been on missions outside all this time..."

Watching Obito beside him with an envious and jealous expression, Rin chuckled, her gaze curious as she assessed Yu, who had just gotten up from the hospital bed. "But I've heard about you, Yakushi Yu, Konoha's number one prodigy."

"Today, I finally got to see you. Surprisingly, you're so cute!"

Cute...

Upon hearing Rin's words, Yu, touched by a certain nerve, had a twitch at the corner of his mouth.

At this time, the Kakashi trio were still ten or eleven years old. Kakashi hadn't become a Jonin, Rin hadn't sacrificed herself, and Obito hadn't become the ruthless masked man.

"What... what? Konoha's number one prodigy?!"

Sure enough, upon hearing Yu's resounding title, the mischievous Obito widened his eyes and began to exclaim, "This little guy! How can he be more arrogant than Kakashi?!"

"I, Uchiha Obito, am Konoha's number one prodigy!!"

"Idiot."

Kakashi, leaning against the wall nearby, didn't hold back in striking him down.

"What did you say?! Kakashi, I challenge you to a duel!!"

Watching the bickering between Obito and Kakashi, Yu's mouth curled into a mysterious smile. Such a scene couldn't help but make him think of Naruto and Sasuke in the original story.

"They're just like that. Get used to it."

Seeing Yu lost in thought, Minato Namikaze smiled and said, "It's surprising that your injuries healed overnight. You really are remarkable."