Chapter 183: Exchange Center

"Scarlet Yu? A bounty of three hundred million..."

After carefully examining the first page of the black market bounty list in Doma's hand, Kakuzu's emerald green pupils slightly contracted, and then a deep voice emanated from beneath his mask, "I see... So, that rumored little demon who can stand against tens of thousands alone, is actually worth so much..."

At the end of the Warring States period, during the initial establishment of the Ninja villages by the five major nations of the ninja world, Kakuzu, an elite of the Waterfall Ninja village, accepted and carried out the mission to assassinate Senju Hashirama, the first Hokage of Konoha.

However, under the Wood Release of the first Hokage, he suffered a near-fatal blow, barely escaping with his life and returning to the village. However, upon his return, he was met with the accusation of mission failure and heavy punishment.

For him, who had staked his life for the village, this was an extremely cruel act. So, filled with intense hatred, he escaped from prison, seized the Earth Grudge Fear, considered a treasure by the Waterfall Ninja village, and then killed all the village's elders, taking their hearts.

Since then, Kakuzu has only trusted money, believing that only eternal money will not betray him, holding onto this belief until his continued activity in the Ninja world.

"I'll kindly remind you... the legendary Scarlet Yu is not someone easy to deal with."

"Even the Third Raikage and the Fourth Mizukage were killed by him, and the Hidden Cloud and Kirigakure, the two Ninja villages, couldn't do anything about him."

Seeing Kakuzu in front of him seemingly tempted by the high bounty on his hands, Doma kindly reminded him in a deep voice, "And so far... none of the Ninjas who took the Scarlet Yu bounty mission from our exchange center have ever returned."

"No one can complete the bounty? Hmph... interesting..."

Upon hearing Doma's well-intentioned reminder, Kakuzu snorted coldly, and in his emerald, world-weary eyes, scenes of his battles with the First Hokage, Senju Hashirama, seemed to reappear. "But don't compare me to those useless little demons... The battles I've been through are beyond the imagination of today's Ninjas..."

As Kakuzu spoke, he reached out to take the bounty mission from Doma's hand, but a strong sense of unease suddenly surged within him.

As a Ninja who had once battled against Senju Hashirama, the first Hokage of Konoha, Kakuzu, with decades of rich combat experience, strongly believed in the intuition honed from the mountains of corpses and seas of blood.

Boom!!!

Amidst an unimaginable explosion and a seismic tremor, before all the Ninjas and wanderers in the underground exchange center could react to what was happening, a terrifying shockwave and explosive force sent them flying violently.

Accompanied by a compressed-to-the-limit white energy sphere suddenly exploding, a tremendously huge bear-paw-shaped energy shockwave instantly razed the entire massive building of the exchange center to the ground.

"What... what just happened?!"

Thrown into a miserable state, nearly buried underground, and looking at the entire shattered exchange center before him along with a group of Ninjas and wanderers lying in pools of blood, Doma widened his eyes in terror and shock.

"Is this the exchange center of the Land of Fire?"

"Can't believe someone would actually hide an underground black market under a public toilet... It's really hard to tell whether it's the smell of corpses or feces and urine."

A wave of unfamiliar complaints echoed into the ears of every Ninja and wanderer present. The massive building of the exchange center had become a ruin, with the glaring sunlight pouring in.

Against the sunlight, everyone could barely see the appearance of a young, slender figure in front of them, but they couldn't make out the specific features on the person's face.

"Who are you?!"

Seeing the mysterious figure in front of him, Doma, the person in charge of the exchange center, spoke with suppressed anger in his voice, "This is the branch of the Land of Fire's exchange center... You're declaring war on the entire underground market!"

"I suppose you were just discussing my bounty, weren't you?"

After manipulating Tyrant to instantly destroy the entire exchange center, Yu looked at the group of angry wandering Ninjas and bounty hunters before him, a mocking smile playing at the corner of his mouth. As he slowly stepped into the shadows, his handsome and refined features gradually became clear.

"Well... can't recognize me now that I'm standing in front of you?"

Besides Yu, dressed in a black Ninja hoodie, there were also Tyrant and Michael behind him, two Devil Puppets clad in matching black cloaks, which alone gave off a strong sense of ominousness and oppression.

"This guy is..."

Finally seeing the uninvited guest's face clearly, recognizing the handsome face identical to the one in the black market bounty list in his hand, Doma's face instantly turned pale, "Scarlet Yu?!"

Scarlet Yu?!

Hearing the name uttered by Doma, all the Ninjas and wanderers present in the collapsed exchange center were stunned.

As the saying goes, a person's reputation precedes them. No one expected the terrifying Ninja who could stand against tens of thousands to show up at their door. Some Ninjas and wanderers had already started preparing to slip away.

"Hmph... so you're that Scarlet Yu!"

Of course, most of the people present were desperate characters who lived by the edge of the knife. Among them were powerful renegade Ninjas and wandering warriors. Seeing the living, breathing bounty of three hundred million right before their eyes, a scar-faced Ninja grinned wickedly.

"Great... Just as I was thinking of trading your head for the bounty, you've come to me yourself..."

Sizzle!!

A dazzling lightning blade illuminated the surrounding air. Before the Ninja could finish his words, Yu's Lightning Release: Chidori, thrown out abruptly, pierced through his throat.

"A bounty of three hundred million... you really think highly of me, huh?"

"It's making me think I should trade myself in for such a high bounty too."

After ruthlessly killing a wandering Ninja in an instant and calmly looking at the fallen body before him, feeling the shock and change in everyone's faces present, Yu's playful tone seemed like he was joking.

"Damn it... how dare you be so arrogant..."

Seeing the wandering Ninja killed instantly by Yu beside them, and seeing Yu's indifferent expression towards them, the surrounding Ninjas and wanderers finally erupted in anger, "He's just a small fry! Even if he's powerful, he's just one person! Let's get him together!"

As the words fell, a group of formidable renegade Ninjas and wandering warriors organized themselves and swiftly charged towards Yu to launch an attack.

"Barrier: Giant Horn!!"

However, they had barely charged forward when Michael, standing behind Yu, directly unleashed the ultimate move of the Barrier Fruit.

An enormous, transparent barrier, resembling a raging wild bull, instantly expanded! The massive, transparent barrier, like a bulldozer, fiercely swept them all away!

Before their eyes unfolded an extremely exaggerated scene, as the group of Ninjas and wanderers charging towards Yu seemed to crash into an incredibly solid transparent wall. While being crushed against the ruins' walls by Michael, they suffered severe injuries.

----

Support me on patreon for More advanced chapters up to 50 so far patreon.com/DemonWriter