Chapter 2

Bai Jin didn’t just pick up some firewood and burn it in the mountain. He also identified a lot of medicinal materials that Bai Laoer had collected in his memory. He carefully pulled out the roots, and the soil he brought out gently scattered on the ground.

He was holding the backpack slowly, especially after coming out of the mountains. He didn't get too close when the village chief was speaking just now.

The small courtyard where Bai Jin and Zhang currently live was built by the Bai family's grandfather. It is shabby and small. There is still dust on the door that has not been wiped clean, and it is crumbling.

If their family hadn't been so poor and dilapidated that even rats didn't bother to visit them, this family would have at least attracted a lot of sneaky people.

It was approaching noon, and Bai Jin hurriedly went to light the fire to cook again. The black smoke choked his throat and made him feel uncomfortable. His face was as gray as a kitten.

He was so busy that he didn't even have time to drink a sip of water, and there were two deep red marks on his delicate shoulders.

Fortunately, he has experience in cooking. Otherwise, he would be helpless as a modern man facing a mud stove, which would be much more difficult than chopping wood and gathering herbs.

Zhang was still sleeping. After asking the system and knowing that this was the body's protective mechanism at work, Bai Jin felt more at ease.

He served Zhang while he ate porridge and went to bed, and saw that Zhang was refusing to drink the porridge with a cold face.

Bai Jin was an old social worker, and he was thick-skinned. Tears came at any time and rolled in his big eyes. Mrs. Zhang felt sorry for him and finished the drink in a daze.

There was no time for her to regret it. Drowsiness swept over her body again. She closed her eyes and fell asleep.

Bai Jin breathed a sigh of relief. He was really afraid that Mrs. Zhang would fight him and refuse to eat. He went to look at the rice vat at home, and indeed there was only half a vat of rice left.

The sense of urgency lashed in his heart, and Bai Jin's skin tightened, knowing clearly that if no one could come to his grandfather's house, and their family would have no more income, he would probably starve to death before he could take revenge.

It's not easy for him. He is only ten years old and has to support the family.

Bai Jin went to dry the medicinal materials. After that, as long as he followed others into the county town, he could find the pharmacy that Bai Laoer usually cooperated with.

Although you can only earn a few tens of pennies from selling the medicinal materials, no matter how small the mosquito is, it is still meat!

Ligustrum lucidum and Poria cocos are both medicinal materials that are difficult to grow and find. The former is easy to find, but the latter cannot be dug near the roots of pine trees without any luck.

Bai Jin only wandered up the mountain twice, and his sharp eyes discovered the treasure. Otherwise, he was lucky. As expected, the mountains were rich in resources and treasures. It was a pleasure.

After settling everything at home, Bai Jin took the steamed buns he had steamed to the opposite door's house.

The courtyard doors in the countryside are all open, clearly exposing the landscape inside the house.

Two women, one from the middle school and one from the junior high school, were turning over dustpans to sort out next year's bean seeds. Several children, wearing crotchless pants, squatted on the ground and played in the mud.