Chapter 73

Bai Jin has been a little troubled recently. Zuo Anli has been too careful with him recently.

When encountering a potentially bumpy journey, I would rather get down and walk than let him ride in a carriage.

"That's weird. I'm in good health. This will slow down everyone's schedule." Bai Jin sat on the carriage and spoke to Zuo Anli righteously.

The carriage rumbled on the road, and the curtains were lifted, revealing the beautiful scenery outside and the endless dense woods.

They took the official road, and there were stations along the way where they could supply supplies at any time.

Zuo Anli was slightly startled. His young slave always considers others and has been very kind-hearted since he was a child.

"It's okay, we have plenty of time for this handover, and the adults in Lingnan haven't left yet. Besides, Huang Bangyan should be one step ahead of us, don't worry."

Traveling is already hard, and if you can go slower, everyone will have less complaints. Now, it's not like he was exiled, so there's no need to be so urgent.

Bai Jin nodded: "That's good."

He hasn't had much appetite for anything recently, and Zuo Anli is very worried about this. He always tries his best to make delicious food for him, and he always tries it with his own hands.

The words "a gentleman is far away from the chef" simply don't apply to him.

"It's been too hot recently, don't worry about me." Bai Jin frowned slightly, not wanting to be treated like a porcelain doll.

After Chu Tianzhi showed off three bowls yesterday, he teased him: "Did I say you were fat before and were planning to lose weight? Why do you pay so much attention to your appearance?"

The sudden teasing caught Bai Jin off guard. After all, in front of Chu Tianzhi and the others, he was as bold as ever. At that moment, it was as shameful as being deliberately told that he cared about appearances.

Of course, the idea that does not exist must be rebutted with confidence: "I just don't want to eat because of the hot weather recently. Don't misunderstand me!"

He can be sure that he is telling the truth. It is already a scorching summer, and the farther he goes to Lingnan, the fading... The more coats you wear.

As for whether Chu Tian believed his words or not, that was the other party's business.

"In that case, let's make some refreshing and appetizing food." Zuo Anli made the final decision.

When passing through the next town, he went out to buy some fruits that would make ordinary people's faces distorted by sourness, and also bought some appetizing pickles.

Bai Jin also went to buy saltpeter to make ice. Everyone knew this method, so he put what he bought in the car and used it during the journey.

After all, in Lingnan, no matter how backward the towns are, some pharmacies still have these. If they are in trouble, they can make their own.

However, the weather was indeed getting hotter and hotter, especially as we approached Lingnan. The soldiers riding horses outside were sweating profusely and their clothes were soaked and clinging to their bodies.

Bai Jin quickly took out the ice basin he had made before and let them rest in the shade of a big tree. He also arranged for Dr. Wu to make herbal tea to relieve the heat to prevent them from suffering from heat stroke.

After the work was done, he stayed in the cool carriage, seemingly thinking about important things that would leave his name in history, but in fact he was wandering around, secretly thinking