Chapter 11

Class started before half time, around two o'clock in the afternoon, so Bai Jin had no choice but to suppress all his excitement.

Scholars study hard and race against time. After taking a nap, he would get up and read a book, even Mr. Liu was no exception.

He did not rush to class, but assigned reading homework and marked a bunch of books for Zuo Anli to read. Even Bai Jin and Liu Shan also had their own tasks.

Bai Jin doesn't know if the people around him have the skill of photographic memory. Anyway, he doesn't have it. At most, he can remember everything after reading it once, and he doesn't ask for any explanation.

Mr. Liu's requirements for him were not so strict as to obtain academic qualifications. He was asked a few questions and let him go once he knew his level of absorption.

This made Bai Jin relax.

Zuo Anli's performance left him stunned.

Not only did the questions and answers to Mr. Liu flow fluently, but the answers always made Mr. Liu impressed and made inferences about other cases.

Mr. Liu stroked his beautiful beard and praised: "He is indeed the son of Zuo County Magistrate. Zuo County Magistrate was originally a scholar, studied in the Hanlin Academy and held the official position of fifth-grade middle secretary. Now he has invited himself to be sent to a remote place. As a small county magistrate, he has the heart to serve the country and the people, and he is not interested in fame and fortune, so he should be respected by others!"

Zuo Anli said calmly: "My father is deeply favored by the emperor and is loyal to the emperor. Naturally, he has to solve the problems for the Holy One, and only by being deeply involved with the people can he be qualified to become the Holy One's right-hand man."

Mr. Liu was stunned for a moment, and then laughed: "It's true that the magistrate Zuo is a true gentleman! "

Bai Jin's eyes flashed. The county magistrate in a remote rural area is at most a ninth-rank official. From the fifth rank to the ninth rank, he still invites himself to be released.

If he hadn't offended someone, then this official definitely had his own considerations, and he was not comparable to the last idiot county magistrate.

It can be seen from the words and deeds of Mr. Liu, a scholar, that Magistrate Zuo was definitely not the one who was despised and relegated by the emperor. It was probably the magistrate's own choice.

However, he has not personally had contact with County Magistrate Zuo, so it is better to see people first.

*

In these days, raising children requires eating less and more meals. Mrs. Zuo has an exquisite mind, is considerate, gentle and considerate, and asked the cook to prepare many exquisite and delicious snacks and drinks for them.

Even Liu Shan, who was under strict requirements, showed his childish nature and ate with gusto.

Fortunately, Mr. Liu also knew the child's nature and did not reprimand him.

After all, there was a book boy who was even more "ignorant of etiquette", so Liu Shan seemed inconspicuous.

While taking a tea break, Bai Jin didn't expect these small and delicate white pastries to be so delicious. It is dotted with small pink flowers and tastes sweet and soft without being cloying.

I don’t know what kind of ingredient the pink flowers are. They are sour and neutralize the sweetness of the pastry. Coupled with a glass of sour plum juice chilled with well water, it is a rare taste in the world.