Chapter 50

Both groups of people began to rest one after another.

They were looking for firewood and keeping vigil in an orderly manner. What was strange was that only two of the three boys on the opposite side were busy, while the leader just sat back and enjoyed the results.

But that's other people's business, there's no need for them to meddle.

Perhaps it was his first time staying out overnight, so Bai Jin was too excited to sleep. When he turned to look at the other people, his eyes were as wide as bells, and he was in high spirits and not sleepy at all.

They simply stopped lying around and gathered around to chat.

It was up to Li Wei to keep an eye on the fire to prevent a few people from being careless and causing a fire.

Just chatting is meaningless, and Bai Jin is not good at reciting poems and writing poems, so he should relax himself at night.

He thought of a suspenseful story on the spot and asked everyone to guess who the murderer was.

"Everyone, please listen to the question." Bai Jin cleared his throat and spoke in a rhythm, bringing them into the story as if they were immersed in it.

Rumor has it that there is an ordinary couple living in Guihua Lane, Yueyang County, Beijing. One day, a guest came to visit their home before noon, but they and their neighbors found that the husband had died tragically at home.

On the dining table were cold rice, cold vegetable soup, and half-eaten steamed buns. There was also a tabloid published by the imperial court every morning on the side. It seemed that the master happened to meet the murderer just when he was having his meal.

Chu Cheng raised an objection: "What is a tabloid?"

Bai Jin was choked by his sudden question and almost failed to answer.

Huang Xuandu, who was eavesdropping on their conversation with his ears straight up, was also startled for a moment, and a strong curiosity arose in his heart.

Bai Jin explained to Chu Cheng and others, "The tabloid summarizes all the major events happening in the world, the latest news, and various government decrees issued by the court. It can even publish articles written by itself, as well as the information of various businesses. " Business name, it's a disguised form of advertising."

"Advertisement?" Guan Yuan reacted. "To merchants, this thing is like honey wrapped in arsenic. It will take a lot of blood to get it published." , I'm afraid they will be happy with it."

Zuo Anli also expressed his opinion: "Isn't it easy for tabloids to control the world's public opinion? People's sources of information are limited, and it is very likely that they will follow the wind, so such an important tool must be used. It has to be in the hands of the emperor."

Others had not thought of this aspect, and when the evil side that might backfire on the owner came out, everyone thought about it and broke into a cold sweat.

Bai Jin glanced at Zuo Anli in surprise. He could quickly think beyond the limitations of the times and think about the pros and cons, which was much better than him, who had developed habits after being impacted by many knowledges from later generations.

Talent is something more than time and sweat can easily make up for.

Huang Xuandu was fascinated by what he heard. This county boy named Bai Jin had so many fantastic ideas. He would tell his father about this when he returned, which would be considered a part of his future political achievements.

He would not ignore Bai Jin's merits. After all, as the lord, the world would belong to him from now on. He only needed to control the talent allocation well, so there was no need to gain fame for himself.