Chapter 59

Bai Jin was still confused at first. When he heard this, he said "Huh?" in surprise. He didn't understand where the other party came to such a conclusion.

His face turned red immediately. He knew that children in ancient times matured prematurely, but they didn't mature to this extent, right?

Zuo Anli's expression changed slightly, and he was about to blurt out a word of "be careful", but he heard the young man in front of him eloquent: "Don't you know that this poetry meeting is actually a blind date party? If you don't want to be favored, you usually bring your wife. Or my fiancée? Isn’t this the little guy you have next to me?”

The classmate didn’t have a clue and told everything in a carefree manner.

Just as Bai Jin was about to explain, Zuo Anli grabbed his hand and squeezed it suggestively, and he immediately shut up.

After they left, Bai Jin asked in private: "Anli, what's wrong? Why didn't you refute just now?"

Zuo Anli flicked his forehead, and looked helpless when he saw those puzzled eyes, with a deep expression. He said, "What's the point of rebuttal? Isn't it true that we are going on a blind date?"

"Qingnu, do you really don't want to have anything to do with me?"

He lowered his voice and spoke in Bai Jin's ear, and his breath was hot. The tips of the ears were filled with heat, and the soft ears were as red as white jade.

Bai Jin's eyes were covered with mist. How come the sound could still be transmitted to his body, causing a numbness.

He pinched the palm of his hand, quickly looked away, and replied in a panic: "No, no, by the way, the poetry meeting is about to start, let's go first."

Changing the subject in an extremely blunt manner, Zuo Anli shook his head. Smiling, he did not force the other party.

He straightened his expression, pulled people with him as before, and found a place to sit down.

Bai Jin paused and glanced at the girls sneaking around the stairs to investigate, without moving away.

That's all, he'll just serve as a shield.

The poetry meeting was not as boring as Bai Jin imagined.

The people sitting in the upper seats are academic officers from the academy. They will secretly observe the students' behavior. If someone performs well, it is very likely that he will be accepted as their disciple.

The teacher is the same as the father. For his disciples, the teacher often teaches everything he has to offer, which is of great importance.

Therefore, everyone participated very actively, and Bai Jin was very happy to watch it.

For example, flying flower orders and passing flowers around are trivial. It happened that there were maple trees planted around Yuandoku Temple, so the academic officials simply used this as a theme and asked them to compose poems.

In the time it takes to burn an incense stick, students have to think about a poem and write it down. Finally, write their place of origin and name on the back, and hand it over to the academic officials for evaluation, who will select the best one.

Chu Cheng and the others were sitting across from Bai Jin. He watched Dong Zhen and Chu Cheng scratch their heads for a long time and couldn't think of anything. They were jumping up and down and even wanted to secretly see how the other party was writing.

It turned out that this man was about the same as me, so he gave up in frustration.

Bai Jin didn't have to worry about Zuo Anli's writing skills. He was talented in writing and knowledgeable, and he was much better than ordinary people. A poetry competition would definitely not faze him.