Chapter 10

"Everyone has a love for beauty. My sister is smart and naturally knows the benefits of learning skills, but it is inevitable that she will be worried about this matter emotionally." Bai Jin comforted Yu Niang.

"If sister trusts me, can you give me some lard? I have a recipe at home that can make cheap pancakes. It's definitely easy to use and relieves greasiness!"

Bai Jin remembered how expensive bath beans and spices were in this era. It is not something that ordinary people can enjoy.

I'm afraid even the county magistrate's family can't afford it. The salary alone can't even support the expenses of the whole family, let alone buy some luxury goods.

Yuniang was dubious: "Is there really such a useful thing?"

Bai Jin's eyes were bright, and he patted his chest and promised: "Of course I won't lie to my sister. I also made a piece there, why not cut some for you to try. If No, you can leave."

Yuniang thought for a moment. The servants were all in the east courtyard anyway. Although men and women were separated, Bai Jin was still young and didn't have too many scruples, so she couldn't resist the temptation and agreed. .

Bai Jin opened the door of his room and took out the soap from his bag. Contained in a small wooden box, these exquisite and simple handicrafts are the most indispensable thing for farmers.

Yu Niang has been taught well, which can be seen from the fact that she has been looking at her since she walked in.

Her eyes fell on the crystal soap in Bai Jin's hand, and she was first surprised by its color. She was just a poor girl, how could she not know that the flowers inside were just wild flowers.

But such a small square-shaped paste combined the essence of wild flowers with a light fragrance, which was enough to surprise her.

Normally, she would only see such precious and small things in the courtyard of a noble family.

Yu Niang was already half convinced.

The remaining half was completely put down after Bai Jin cut off a small piece of soap with a wood chip, scooped out a bowl of water from a large vat in front of the house, and let her try it out for herself.

The experience of soap is not ordinary.

Yuniang first washed her hands with clean water, and then rubbed them with the soap Bai Jin gave her. A layer of fine white foam spread on the palms and back of her hands, making them smooth and smooth.

After she washed it with water, she didn't know if it was an illusion, but she felt that her hands had become smoother, tenderer, and even whiter.

Yu Niang told Bai Jin the good news with great joy.

Bai Jin knew that this was just Yu Niang's psychological effect, and how could soap have such a miraculous effect. However, the raw materials are pure and pollution-free, and have little harm to the human body. It is true to say that there are many benefits.

He didn't say anything, but Yu Niang believed in him completely.

"Don't worry, I will prepare lard for you, but I wonder if this soap is expensive?" She hesitated, reluctant to part with such a useful soap.

Bai Jin understood her concerns and smiled: "Don't worry, this thing is called soap. It was originally priced at fifty cents a piece, but my sister provided me with lard, so I will charge you thirty cents a piece."

Yu Niang A heart was put back in her stomach. She had just tried it. It didn't take much soap to wash her hands once. Thirty cents a piece can be used for at least a month. The price is fair and reasonable.

She showed a sincere smile and fell in love with Bai Jin even more.

"Thank you very much. Most people in the house call me Yu Niang, so you should also call me Yu Niang." Yu Niang smiled and said, "I'll just call you A Jin."

She just wanted to treat Bai Jin as her younger brother. treat.

Bai Jin also sweetly and shamelessly agreed: "Okay, Yu Niang."

Yu Niang said thoughtfully: "I wonder if your price is too low, so as not to make no money and lose money. This soap is easy to use. I'm afraid other people will ask me something after reading it..."

Bai Jin understood the elegant meaning after hearing the string song: "Yu Niang, don't worry about me. My family is poor and I have a mother to support, so I won't be stupid enough to treat myself badly. Someone asked and hoped that my sister could recommend it."

He winked mischievously, and Yu Niang was amused by him.

"Okay, then I'm not welcome. Do you still need my help?"

Bai Jin really did. He rubbed his brows and thought about using flower fragrance, so he asked: "Is there anyone in the house who can help me?" Did you pick the flowers? Or, Yuniang, did you grow flowers in the room? "

It's impossible for him to go out of the city to pluck flowers.

Yu Niang was startled, then covered her lips with a smile: "The master has the final say on every flower and grass in the house. Madam is not fond of flowers, she only enjoys them, and the same goes for the young master. The master is a pragmatic family, you can ask in person "

Bai Jin frowned: "Is it too much?"

Yuniang comforted: "Most of the osmanthus flowers in the west courtyard will wither naturally. This year, the master and his wife feel it is a pity. The sweet scent of the golden autumn osmanthus is already fragrant, so naturally you can give it a try."

Bai Jin immediately put on a happy expression. The sweet scent of the osmanthus drifted into his nose every year, and he felt happy looking at the tiny white flowers among the lush green branches. Become soothing and bright.

It's him who has taken the phase. After a modern person travels through time, he is actually more frightened than the ancients by the feudal imprisonment and oppression of the era.

Movies and TV shows hurt me a lot!

After Yu Niang's disguised explanation in a few words, Bai Jin is much better now, and he can continue to do business in the soap business. Maybe he can still make his wallet bulge with this thing.

The craftsmanship is a bit lacking, but it’s unique!