Chapter 12

While Zuo Anli and the others were doing their homework, Bai Jin held his chin and stared at the sweet-scented osmanthus tree outside the window in a daze.

The golden crow is missing, and the orange setting sun is shining among the green osmanthus trees. The breeze is blowing, the leaves are rustling, and the mottled tree shadows are covered with fallen white flowers.

Bai Jin's eyes changed from floating to sad. In his eyes, these are all sweet-scented osmanthus cakes! Soap! Great ingredients!

The slightest loss was enough to make him clutch his chest so tightly that his heart ached.

It is a rare experience to experience the taste of poverty. Bai Jin scrimped on food and clothing, and once again lamented the hardships of ordinary people in ancient times.

If he hadn't been lucky enough to become a book boy in a wealthy family, he and his mother would have been in a situation where even food and clothing would be a problem.

Mr. Liu has already resigned to the housekeeper. He has arranged his daily homework in an orderly manner, and then it is time for him to read and review by himself.

Zuo Anli noticed Bai Jin's longing eyes. He simply put the pen on the desk, opened a pair of beautiful eyes, and asked: "Do you like osmanthus?"

Bai Jin was startled, and then nodded. : "I like it."

He thought he was secretly peeking at Zuo Anli's expression, but as a member of an official family, his ability to settle down since childhood was to observe people's expressions, so how could he not miss his sight.

But Zuo Anli didn't say anything, his eyes were slightly lowered, and his thick eyelashes cast a small shadow on his eyelids.

He was waiting for Bai Jin's next plan.

"That," Bai Jin scratched his face. His tender white face was quietly covered with a layer of pink due to shyness. It was white and rosy, and looked a bit softer and waxier than the cakes he had eaten before.

Oh, it's so embarrassing to let a social creature reach out to a child for something.

Bai Jin was thinking in his heart, but he blurted out: "Master, can I pick some osmanthus flowers? They smell so good."

Zuo Anli couldn't help laughing, he joked: "How can you, a man, like flowers?"

Bai Jin Muttered: "Why can't boys like flowers?"

Zuo Anli smiled and said nothing, and then quietly said after a while: "Is it really just because it smells good?"

He just had an inexplicable intuition, the kind of little book boy His temperament of not being able to get up early without profit, from interacting with the maids, tutors, and Mr. Liu, to writing, are all driven by "profit".

In other words, they are trying to survive by integrating into this circle.

Zuo Anli saw clearly that the little book boy would never ask him for osmanthus flowers if it was not necessary.

To put it bluntly, I am afraid of trouble, and I am also afraid that asking for too much will cause the host to dislike me.

The eight-year-old child, which can also be said to be a young boy, has dark brown eyes, which gradually become darker in color, like a blade covered with honey. It is both dangerous and attracts people to approach greedily.

Bai Jin opened his mouth, thought for a while and then said slowly, "I want to make soap."

"Soap?" Zuo Anli was stunned. He didn't expect that he would get this answer after speculating for a long time.

if not?

Bai Jin resisted the urge to roll his eyes and patiently explained (making up nonsense): "Soap is soap. It is our family's secret recipe passed down from generation to generation! The raw materials are cheap and the cleaning effect is excellent."

Zuo Anli immediately reacted: "Osmanthus fragrans " Is it also one of the raw materials? Sorry, I didn’t want to find out your family’s secret recipe.”

In ancient times, such recipes could be used as family secrets. It would be like killing a parent, and only a fool would say it.

But he quickly asked: "Then why is your family..." It didn't look particularly wealthy.

Bai Jin knew what he was about to say almost instantly, and calmly argued: "My father accidentally found out and secretly passed it on to me. He passed away, and my mother became seriously ill, so the family fortune was disposed of." "

Zuo Anli's eyes widened slightly, and he didn't figure out the flaw in Bai Jin's words for a moment, but apologized politely: "I'm really sorry, I shouldn't have inquired about your family affairs."

"It's okay, it's all over. "I also know that you didn't mean to make me sad. If you really feel sorry for me, just give me some sweet-scented osmanthus." Bai Jin winked at Zuo Anli, and the awkward and sad atmosphere disappeared.

Zuo Anli laughed dumbly and promised him gently: "Okay, let's go pick it together after dinner. Can I see the finished product when it's done?"

Bai Jin said with a smile: "Of course, I will definitely do it. " Show it to the young master first. "

The relationship between them is more like a friendship than a master-slave relationship. Zuo Anli is not arrogant and domineering, and Bai Jin is not servile. They are naturally comfortable getting along with each other.

*

It was Zuo Erlang who came to call during the meal. He ran over all the way, and even the maid behind him couldn't catch up with the little guy.

Zuo Erlang rushed all the way, hugged his brother's thigh, and cried like a hen: "Brother, brother, let's eat."

Zuo Anli took the initiative to invite Bai Jin: "Let's go and eat together."

Bai Jin was a little surprised. : "Me? Can I go with you?"

Zuo Anli reiterated helplessly: "My father came from a poor family and my mother was gentle and considerate. Our family doesn't care about those strict rules. Housekeepers and elders sometimes follow them. He will also come to the table to eat with us, it's not a big deal."

Bai Jin was still very happy and said with a smile: "Thank you, Master."

Zuo Erlang rolled his eyes like grapes and pulled Bai Jin's thigh again. "Brother's voice is so nice," she said in a sweet voice.

Bai Jin's hands were a little itchy, and he stretched out his claws to pinch Zuo Erlang's soft little face, and sighed with a smile: "Thank you for the compliment, young master. You are so good. "

He finally knows why Zuo Anli pinched his face yesterday. The feeling is really great!

Zuo Anli coughed.

Bai Jin is just like his appearance, he is still a naive child. Not to mention the baby fat on his face has not faded away, but his careless and heartless character is far different from the mature and steady Zuo Anli.