Chapter 5

Bai Jin felt refreshed after taking a shower. He folded and packed all the clothes he was going to wear. Although his life in the past was hard, he was not particularly poor. Even though his clothes were made of ordinary linen, the fabric was rough and abrasive, but there was not a single patch.

After packing the clothes and putting them under the backpack, Bai Jin went to pack the toiletries. He was a little annoyed because he forgot to ask if he wanted to bring his own quilt yesterday.

But such a wealthy family should not lack his quilt, right?

Bai Jin thought for a moment and put the matter aside. Anyway, it was not too far from the county seat to the village. At worst, he could just walk for two hours and then pick it up.

Since Mrs. Zhang was able to get out of bed, she has never let Bai Jin cook. She cooks all by herself, and her cooking skills are more than a hundred times better than Bai Jin's.

Even ordinary wild vegetables can be turned into flowers in her hands, as if they are full of color, fragrance and flavor.

Bai Jin simply held the bowl and ate with relish. Their family was not interested in eating, talking or sleeping, and they often talked about trivial things even at the dinner table.

"Mom, I asked Brother Dayong to repair the door of our house yesterday. It would be best to get some tile fragments on the wall so that some people with bad intentions will not worry about it!"

Mrs. Zhang smiled softly and did not refute Bai Jin. , nodded in agreement: "Okay."

Bai Jin opened his mouth, still not worried about Zhang's gentle temperament. Perhaps the biggest "extraordinary" for her was to muster the courage to go to the county government to file a complaint against the gangster for harassment.

At best, I'll ask the villagers in the village to pay more attention to Zhang.

"You remember to use the makeup that mom gave you to put on the red mole. It can hide your identity. If you don't have it, buy it. You can't save the money." Mrs. Zhang earnestly warned.

After all, I have kept it secret for so many years and it has been reported to my family, but I can't let anyone find out at this juncture.

Although Bai Jin didn't understand why Zhang was so cautious, he still listened to her words and nodded in agreement.

Seeing that he sincerely took this matter to heart, Ms. Zhang felt relieved.

Bai Jin folded his hands again and counted whether he had forgotten anything. After confirming that he had nothing missing, he hurriedly prepared the meal so that he could report it early and leave a good impression on his employer.

Seeing that he had come back to his senses, Mrs. Zhang said, "Qingnu, do you know what happened to your uncle's house?"

Bai Jin's mind turned around and he remembered what he had said to a certain gangster the day before yesterday. Point, he looked innocent and confused, and said with disgust: "What happened to them?"

Mrs. Zhang looked at him steadily for a few seconds, and then said softly: "The bastard who bullied your mother is back again. He There was a commotion at your uncle's house. I heard from the villagers in the corner that there was almost no quarrel in their house. The bastard went in proudly and came out in a panic. His face was very gloomy. I'm afraid there will be more trouble if you meet him. , don't start conflicts with others casually."

Bai Jin heard about Boss Bai's scandal unexpectedly, and was startled. This little bit of fussing was nothing, but he was a "good uncle" who was able to coax him with a few words. Not only did my grandfather split up the family, he also deceived that bastard into a fool.