Chapter 49

Several teenagers rode for a long time, but finally couldn't hold on any longer and got on the carriage one after another.

It can only be said that the madness of young people can only last for a moment on whim.

They started out in the morning and rode for an hour. It didn't take long for their buttocks to hurt.

Bai Jin was the first to give up.

The carriage they prepared was not big, and they mainly traveled lightly. They only brought a change of clothes and dry food. The quilts they needed for sleeping outdoors were also indispensable, and they were placed on the top of the carriage.

If you need water, go to a nearby stream to find fresh water to boil and drink, or stop at a tea stall, inn, etc. to replenish your supplies along the way.

We usually go to the woods to find food. These young men have good archery skills and can easily hit game with one arrow.

After Bai Jin entered the carriage and drove for less than half an hour, he felt regretful. No wonder Dong Zhen always had that hopeless expression, and his handsome face was turning pale...

He held his stomach, It seemed as if my stomach acid was about to burst out, and my bones were getting sore.

After finally making it to noon, everyone in the group looked ugly.

"Studying abroad is not as easy as imagined." Bai Jin felt sad.

Zuo Anli took him to find firewood, Chu Cheng, Guan Yuan and the others went hunting in the woods. As for Dong Zhen, her legs were as weak as noodles and she was lying beside the carriage, trying to cultivate her health like a gossamer.

The guard closed his eyes and rested, taking care of the luggage.

"The main reason is that Guangxing County is too remote. If we walk for half a day, we will reach another county. It is a lower county like Guangxing County before." Zuo Anli comforted him softly.

In ancient times, counties were divided into three levels, namely upper, middle and lower. They were assessed according to population and tax revenue. This was also a part of political performance. Those who were able to judge the best were likely to be promoted and make a fortune, without having to occupy the position of county magistrate.

Guangxing County had already been rated as a middle county during last year's assessment. Magistrate Zuo managed the county with his own ability and kept it in order, allowing Yingzhou Governor to give him excellent ratings for three consecutive years.

Bai Jin stretched and heard the joints in his whole body cracking.

Sure enough, it would be much more comfortable to get off the carriage and take a walk and move the whole body. It's not like they have to rush, it's not bad to read a book from time to time and test each other out.

When the fire was set up for cooking at noon, everyone was faced with the problem of the skinned and disemboweled hare.

There was no rule in the house that a gentleman stayed away from the kitchen, but there were servants to serve him. No one thought of practicing cooking, and no one had any experience.

Bai Jin has cooked before, but always under the direction of others.

In modern times, he eats a big pot of rice in an orphanage, eats in the school cafeteria, and orders takeout when he goes to work, which is very realistic.

In the end, Bai Jin had no choice but to bite the bullet.

Simply marinate the meat with onions, ginger, and garlic picked from the woods, add some wine they brought from home to remove the fishy smell, and finally spread it on a salt rack and grill it over the fire.