Chapter 45

The activities of the Spring Festival include offering sacrifices to the stove and setting up spring meals. Bai Jin was busy with the family, but he didn't feel at all tired from being a social animal.

Probably because one is fighting for himself and the other is fighting for others.

As the old saying goes, you work overtime just to make your boss like a Maserati during the Chinese New Year.

Until the Spring Festival, Bai Jin was studying hard because he had to prepare for Zuo Anli's birthday gift. He thought to himself that he had never worked so hard during the college entrance examination.

There is no goal that he has to work hard for and try his best to achieve. Even if he knows that the college entrance examination can change his destiny, ask himself, how strong is his belief in being willing to fight?

Shaking his head and forgetting the past, he immersed himself in reading. The meaning of the book becomes apparent after reading it a hundred times, and sometimes I find it quite interesting as I read it.

In particular, Zuo Anli knew that he liked essays and anecdotes, so he asked Magistrate Zuo to contact his former classmates and send him topography books.

The author introduced a lot of customs and anecdotes about the places he visited, and Bai Jin read with interest.

Thinking about it this way, it seemed like he hadn't seen Zuo Anli for ten days.

Local officials were not allowed to leave their jurisdiction without any reason. Originally, Zuo County Magistrate was an exception. He could go to Beijing to report on his duties during the New Year. Many noble ladies asked their fathers to write letters to speak for him.

Some officials couldn't resist the pleas of their daughters, and were unwilling to add a penny to their bills for such a trivial matter. They could sell it to the emperor or the county magistrate, so why not do it.

It's just that Magistrate Zuo doesn't want to return to Beijing. He won't leave easily just after he came under the rule.

When Bai Jin first heard the news, his heart tightened.

He didn't know why he was afraid of Zuo Anli's departure. In ancient times, carriages and horses were inherently slow and the journey was long. After leaving, the boat and carriage were so tiring that it would take more than ten days just to go back and forth on the road.

What's more, the other party will stay in the capital for a long time.

But Zuo Anli promised him that he would not return to Beijing even for the Chinese New Year. Not to mention that he was young and did not need to accompany his parents on the bumpy and tiring road.

There are also wealthy families in the capital who want to take advantage of him, and they keep an eye on him every year, all because of the persistence of his father and the emperor.

Because of this, Zuo Anli smiled lightly and asked him if he was afraid?

Bai Jin was confused and asked what he was afraid of?

"I'm afraid that a big family will harm you and me, and we'll be dead without knowing it."

Bai Jin thought for a while and said honestly: "I'm still afraid."

Zuo Anli was stunned, thinking that he would say something nice. Come to comfort yourself, because the little book boy's mouth has always been like honey, very sweet.

Even if he says something against his will, people will unconsciously believe that he is sincere.

"However, even if I am afraid, I will still follow the young master. Because what you and Mr. Zuo do are correct, and correct things must be done by someone, even if they spend their lives." Bai Jin said seriously Be truthful and speak clearly with careful consideration of every word and sentence.