Chapter 44

The feast of the Shangshan Festival comes to an end.

Bai Jin and the others have entered the cat winter period. The county town is covered with snow and there is a thick layer of snow, making it inconvenient to do anything.

Except for some workshops, traces of work stoppage can be seen everywhere.

The appearance of the fire kang prevented the shops in the county from closing down, and its reputation spread further and further. In the end, it was even heard that the royal palaces were using this thing.

Dong Zhen, who followed Bai Jin to eat crabs, made a lot of money. Even in class, she smiled so hard that her teeth were exposed.

Yes, they continue to study in winter.

This is one of the disadvantages of the fire kang. Of course, this is only true for students who still have to go to class.

"Sir, it's so cold in winter and it's inconvenient for you to come and go. Why don't you just give us a holiday? It's for your health's sake." Chu Tian rubbed his hands and suggested naively.

Upon hearing this, Bai Jin felt no longer sleepy, his eyes lit up, and he looked at Mr. Liu expectantly.

Mr. Liu was not what they thought. Not only did he not readily agree to the holiday, but he severely punished the two people who had ideas: "Look at Dalang, he is talented but he still doesn't think too highly of himself. Instead, he works hard." Don't you understand the principle that God rewards hard work?"

Bai Jin looked at Zuo Anli, who was doing his homework, and then glanced at Mr. Liu, who hated iron and steel, and quibbled: "Sir, I didn't give you a holiday, so why should you punish me? This was all Chu Tianzhi's idea!"

"Why are you so unloyal?" Chu Tianzhi said indignantly.

Dong Zhen rolled his eyes: "You deserve it."

Mr. Liu was so angry that he puffed his beard and glared. He was too lazy to argue with them and made a final decision: "You two will copy the Analects ten times. If you have any objections, double it!"

The two immediately fell silent and accepted the punishment with tears.

Seeing this, the others didn't have any empathy at all and were all gloating and laughing.

Even the gentle and elegant Zuo Anli was no exception. He couldn't help laughing when he looked at Bai Jin's wrinkled face.

Time flows slowly, and the new year is here in the blink of an eye.

The Chinese New Year is still a time for family reunions spanning ancient and modern times, and the excitement is inevitable.

Bai Jin told Magistrate Zuo and others that the workshop could be given a holiday, but it would be better for them to get together with their families during this period.

I never thought that Magistrate Zuo agreed with this proposal, but the workers protested one after another. They also thought that if they worked a few more days, they could earn more money.

Magistrate Zuo had no choice but to summon the officials and ask them to stipulate that they must have holidays during the Spring Festival. The two parties agreed and then gave up.

The families of each family had just begun to buy New Year's goods. Bai Jin took Zuo Anli's hand and smiled brightly: "Let's go shopping together, okay?"

Zuo Anli responded.

When the New Year comes, new clothes, fine wine and fat sheep are of course indispensable, and Bai Jin also considers candied fruits and pastries among them.