Chapter 24

While talking and laughing, the carriage Bai Jin was sitting in arrived at the village, which was much faster than walking on his feet.

There were many old people taking a rest under the big banyan tree. Suddenly they saw an unusual carriage, which was like a Maserati driving into a mountain village.

Bai Jin didn't know whether his description was accurate or not. In short, he opened the curtain and saw the surprised expressions of the villagers, which gave him this feeling.

"It's Qingnu." An old man who knew him said in surprise.

As if a switch was turned on, the people who were still cramped and nervous started chatting.

However, they all talked around Bai Jin and remained silent to the young master next to him who looked noble and reserved.

Bai Jin was not shy, greeted them with great interest, and communicated with these old people with ease.

Zuo Anli stood aside without saying a word, but kept his eyes on Bai Jin, watching him maneuvering in the crowd, shining like a star.

"Seventh uncle, I'm going home to move things for my mother, so I won't chat with you all! I'll talk to you in detail later when I have time!" Bai Jin laughed loudly.

"Okay, okay, your boy is now promising, not bad, not bad."

The old people did not try to persuade them to stay, they just watched them leave.

Bai Jin waited until he was far away, then turned to Zuo Anli and said with a smile: "Does this count as my return home?"

Zuo Anli said funny: "No, you are so proud and complacent before you have done anything practical. , How can that be done?"

Bai Jin touched his nose, waved his hand and said, "Oh, don't you want me to be naive?"

In the midst of joking, he unknowingly arrived in front of Bai Jin's yard.

It was the same dilapidated and desolate wooden house as the first time, but the door looked like it had just been renovated.

Bai Jin's family didn't want back the Qingshi Yuan they built together with Boss Bai. They only got the money they deserved according to the market price.

The door was open and the bullock cart was waiting in front of the yard.

Zuo Anli frowned when he saw this small courtyard. He didn't dislike it, but pitied and felt sorry for Bai Jin who still had to endure the hardships of life after losing his father.

However, seeing that there was no trace of gloom in Bai Jin's eyebrows, and that his face was full of cheerful and optimistic expressions, he knew that the little book boy's open-minded temperament did not require his sympathy at all.

"Mother——!" Bai Jin's clear and loud voice suddenly rose in pitch.

Zuo Anli looked at him sideways, with lingering surprise in his eyes.

Bai Jin is sometimes naive and lively, but also slightly mature. He rarely has such a childish and pure side.

Mrs. Zhang poked her head out from her busy work and said with surprise and happiness: "Qingnu, why are you back?"

Without waiting for Bai Jin to answer, she greeted Zuo Anli warmly after seeing him. Even her son Throw it aside so as not to make Zuo Anli feel neglected.

Bai Jin couldn't say anything at the side, so he pretended to be angry and said: "Mom, who is your biological son? Have you forgotten? Today I have a day off!"

Mrs. Zhang shook her head helplessly and asked them if they had eaten before. Eat, what are you going to do when you come back, go and take a rest, etc.