~Prologue~

-Chanyeol's house-

"Chanyeol! I forbid you to see him!" Dad said.

"Why? Is it because I love him?"

"Yes! I have already arranged a marriage for you!"

"No I'm not getting married to someone I don't love!"

"Chanyeol, please listen to your father." My mother said.

"You of all people should know you don't marry someone you don't love!"

"I will have to hurt him if you don't agree with us."

"You don't understand! I love him!"

"Then make a wise choice and leave him if you don't want to see him hurt."

"Are you guys even human?" I replied leaving them.

-A week later after much discussion-

"I'm leaving..." I said trying not to cry. "Let's break up.."

"Why are you leaving? You can't just say you love me and leave!" Baekhyun said tears falling from his eyes.

"Baekhyun. You should know there's no such thing as forever. People come and go." I said. 'I'm sorry Baekhyun but this is the only way to protect you. You have to understand.'

"No! You can't do this to me Park Chanyeol! You were the one that promised you wouldn't hurt me! Life without you is meaningless!" He was now crying hard and it's killing me seeing him like this.

"Promises were meant to be broken, Baekhyun." I said. At this point I just wanted to scream and burst into tears.

"Then maybe you shouldn't make a promise you can't keep." He softly said he then slowly turned and walked away.

"Please wait for me.." I whispered hoping he could here me. I wanted to go after him and hold him back. Say I'm sorry and I loved him and I will never let him go but I now know you don't destroy people you love and maybe fate has a time and place for us.

*Please Read*