~ Chapter 33 ~

[Chanyeols Perspective]

I woke up with a similar scent under my nose. I look down and see Baekhyun cuddled up to me sleeping soundly. I kissed his forehead and ruffled his hair slightly.

"I'm sorry for hurting you." I said and caressed his checks.

"I really didn't mean to, I didn't know I was hurting you." I continued to the sleeping Baekhyun.

"I was just really happy to meet my childhood best friend, I didn't know what I was doing was hurting you." I allowed tears to slowly fall off my face. "I'm sorry for putting such thoughts in your head about us."

I hugged him and just thought about this whole weekend. It's true. Throughout this whole week I had abandon Baekhyun and I didn't even notice it. He had confront me but I just made excuses.. Trust? There was nothing he could've trust, I just fed him doubts and expected him to trust me.

Taehyuns right. I am the bastard in this situation. Who would trust Baekhyun to a person like me? I messed up and I just make excuses to cover it up which lead to Baekhyun getting hurt.

I mentally slapped myself for being such an idiot.

*mmmph*

I looked down and see baby Baekhyun waking up.

"You awake?" I asked.

He nod and rubbed his eyes.

"You feeling any better."

He nods and looks up at me.

"I'm going to ask the doctor if I can take you home." I said and got up.

I removed Baekhyun from me and I can feel his eyes staring into my soul.

[Baekhyun's Perspective]

Why is Chanyeol acting like this? Have I really lost him to her?

I intently stared at him wishing he'll look back and tell me he loves me and that everything's alright. To trust him.

I sat there emotionless waiting for Chanyeol to come back and take me home.

"Byunbaek, you ok?" Someone asked.

I invert my attention to the person and realized it was Luhan.

"Yeah."

"What wrong Cous?"

"*sigh* I don't know anymore." I replied messing with my hands.

"Tell me." He said and sat next to me.

"I feel like Chanyeol is slipping away and I'm scared. I don't know what to do." I replied and looked at him, tears visible in my eyes. "Life is making it so confusing and difficult. I just want a peaceful life."

"It's ok. I'm pretty sure you guys will sort things all out. Just talk to him."

"He feels so distant now. I don't know how to talk to him."

"He might be feeling guilty."

"About what?"

"Hurting you."

"I've expected this much when I agreed to be his. I expected to be hurt. But I wasn't prepared for this. It's all so.. new.."

"Baekhyun, of course it's going to hurt you a lot. You're head over heels for this guy."

"But I never felt this way when I dated Taehyun."

"Because your feelings for Taehyun was nothing but a high-school crush. You had affection towards him, but you truly love Chanyeol." 

"So this is how love feels like." I said and just stared into space.

"Cherish him Baekhyun, that's all I got to say."

"*ahem* am I bothering anything between you two right now?" Chanyeol asked leaning on the door frame.

"No. I'm leaving." Luhan said. He walked up to Chanyeol and gave him a pat on the shoulder before proceeding to the door.

"Get you're stuff, I'm taking you home." Chanyeol said and went to get my clothes.

"I didn't bring anything here." I replied.

"Good, get change."

"Ok."

I changed out of the hospital clothes to the clean pare of clothes Chanyeol brought for me.

We left the hospital and we were sitting in Chanyeol's car. It felt awkward. No one was talking.

"Uhm. Chanyeol?"

"Hm?"

"You alright?"

"Mhm."

*sigh*

I looked out the window and see stores, shops, couples that happily walked the street, families, children, and elderly couple. Everyone seemed so happy, everyone but me and Chanyeol.

[Chanyeols Perspective]

We arrived at Baekhyun's house and I decided to stay with Baekhyun to sort things out but I made up an excuse saying he was still sick and needed assistance.

I walked in the house first not waiting for Baekhyun to go in. I was going to walk upstairs to change when Baekhyun wrapped his arms around me from behind.

"Yeollie, please talk to me." He begged.

I just stayed quiet allowing him to hug me.

"Please."

I removed his hands and continued up the stairs.

"Look. We both messed up but it's killing me seeing us like this."

I stopped midway to let him continue what he was saying.

"I really need you right now. I want you to talk to me. I want you to tell me you love me and that everything is going to be ok and that I should trust you, but you feel so distant."

"There's nothing for you to trust, I'm a liar. Everything is going to be ok? No it's not. It's not ok. I'm a sinner that makes excuses and expects to be forgiven."

"We are all sinners with a different story. No one is a saint."

"But I need to be one for you, do you not understand? I've been hurting you and I didn't even notice what I was doing. I'm a monster."

"And if you are, do you think that will change my feelings for you? No. If you're a monster then I am in love with that monster."

"Baekhyun."

"I love you, Chanyeol. And loving you means I accept whatever comes with it even if it hurts me, even if I have to cry."

"I love you too, but I won't tolerate you getting hurt because of me EVER and I most definitely do not want you to cry. Understood?" I asked and turned towards him.

He nodded and ran towards me hugging me tightly. I hugged him back and gave him gentle kisses on his head. It feels nice to have him back in my arms.

~~~

Hello lovely humans~
I updated again, please tell me what you think about this chapter in the comments.
I'd gladly appreciate it.
And I'm sorry if there are any grammar/spelling errors.
Thank you for reading and voting.
Saranghae.