Previously

Above Central City, in the bright sunny sky, a black and blue colored hole inhaled any and everything its wind could sweep up.

Eyes widened in amazement, Cisco said, "So that's what we didn't want to happen..."

"It's feeding! A singularity won't stop, not until the Earth is devoured," explained Martin, "I'm afraid the accretion disc has already assembled!"

Parker threw her hands on her head to stop her hair from whipping into Barry's face, shouting an irritated, "What the fuck is that?"

"The diffuse material that's in motion around the singularity," answered Martin.

Annoyed, Parker shouted, "Dude, dumb it down!"

"We have to disrupt the motion!" Barry filled her in, "It's like the tornado, just upside down. And a lot scarier."

"Barry, that event has an energy level of six-point-seven tera electron volts. It cannot be stopped!" yelled Martin.

"I have to try."

Barry dropped Parker's knees, allowing her shoes to hit the ground. He started to take back his arm from her waist, but stopped as she put her hand on his chest.

Understanding time was running out, Parker rambled a fast, yet heartfelt farewell, aware of the chance he may not have returned. "There's so much I want to say, Barry, but I have to sum it up by saying thank you for making me one half of a kick ass couple. And also, if this is my last chance to say it, I fucking love you, Allen."

Parker gave him a light shove on his chest, her eyes flickering at the massive singularity above their heads.

"Now, go save us, Flash."

Her eyes followed the trail of red lighting as he ran to complete her demand. Barry sped up the side of buildings, stepping across debris to reach the sky.

In a flash, he disappeared into the singularity.

Heads craned to the sky, watching the red lighting swirl in the opening of the singularity, Team Flash waited eagerly for word from Barry.

Unexpectedly, Martin Stein was the first to speak, breaking the silence between the team. "Brilliant!" he shouted, "He's contained the singularity by adding to its angular momentum!"

Parker pressed her hand to her forehead in annoyance. "I feel so dumb around you people."

"It's stabilizing!" yelled Cisco. He spoke directly to Barry's earpiece through a microphone. "Barry, keep doing what you're doing!"

Parker's heart swelled a bit, touched that Cisco put Martin's words into simpler terms for her.

"I'm not sure how much longer I can do that!" yelled Barry.

"We have to merge the inner and outer event horizons," said Martin. He furrowed his brow, figuring a way to do so.

"Sure, that sounds like something that will work," encouraged Parker.

"How do we do that?" asked Ronnie.

"By separating in the eye of it," said Martin, "The amount of energy from the fissure should do the trick."

Clueless, Parker pouted. "Separati.. Separating what?" 

Martin turned, locking eyes with Ronnie. 

"Oh, no," she said."I'm protesting. Are we sure there's no other way?"

"It's our only hope, Ronald," said Martin somberly.

Repeating Barry's words to the team, all Ronnie said to his protesting wife was a mumble of, "Cait, we have to try."

Ronnie and Martin merged into one body. Taking a deep breath, adjusting to the shared mind space, Firestorm turned his flame on, then flew into the sky to help the Flash save the city.

Caitlin's teary eyes were glued to the sky. She was sobbing, quite loudly, though it seemed quiet, due to the aggressive wind in their ears.

As a gesture of comfort, Parker took one hand from keeping her silver hat on her head. She locked her hand with Caitlin's.

"Think Terminator," Parker tried to joke. In a horrid accent, she said, "They'll be back?"

"No!" screamed Barry.

Parker's head whipped to the sky in time to see flames erupt from within the singularity.

A thunder clap reached their ears, then smaller, distant booms as the singularity wind dropped everything it had swept in the air.

While Parker was trying to watch for falling debris, the others were searching for Barry, Ronnie, and Stein.

Caitlin spotted the streak of red and took off, causing Parker to be pulled along on the sprint, thanks to their interlocked hands.

"Parker, come on!" said Caitlin.

"Caitlin, I don't do any exercise, what do you expect from me?" wheezed Parker.

"Parker!" His voice changed the game. Hearing him shout her name, desperately had Parker running faster than Caitlin. She pushed her legs until she found the source of the voice, his voice, and she ran straight into his arms.

The sound of Caitlin's shoes joined the embracing couple before they could exchange anything other than an extended hug.

The hope that kept her heart beating faltered when her eyes didn't catch Ronnie beside Martin. A split ran through her heart when she didn't hear him call out her name, as Barry had when he saw Parker.

But when Barry gave a slight shake of his head at her questioning glance, Caitlin's heart was demolished, for the final time.

Ronnie Raymond was gone.