The Problem With Barry

In their two years of dealing with crazy speedsters out to murder Barry, so far, the first appearances by them showed Barry that he wasn't fast enough.

He was beaten by the Reverse-Flash in the football field around the same time last year. After he knew he wasn't faster, Barry trained relentlessly.

That was it, Parker began to realize: Barry was relentless when it came to getting faster. While it was an equally good and bad quality, lately, Parker decided it was a good thing.

For hours each day, he would run on the treadmill, pushing himself. At the very least, she was glad he held a positive attitude about it. Her only worry was of his physical condition.

Caitlin glanced at the speedometer. "He just hit one thousand three hundred and seventy five."

"What's the fastest Barry's ever run?" Wells asked.

"Little over Mach two," Caitlin said.

That was when he ran back in time," Parker said.

"That's not good," Wells mumbled, then pressed the speaker. He said a fake enthusiastic, "That's good, Barry."

Barry hopped from the treadmill. He entered the room, slightly panting. "I'm not getting faster, am I?"

"No," said Wells and Parker simultaneously.

"All right, well, let's fix this, right?" Barry asked, nodding his head. "I can't beat Zoom unless I get faster. I felt like I was standing next to him."

"That's because you practically were. Zoom is three-- four times faster than you at this point," Wells explained.

"How is he so much faster than Barry is and Jay was?" Caitlin wondered.

"Physiology, form, strength-- could be a number of things. Attitude, diet," Wells guessed.

"There's gotta be something we can do about it," Barry said. "Let's figure it out. Fast."

Parker tried to crutch after his retreating body. "Don't forget about date night, bro."

"Yes!" Barry said excitedly. "Yes," he said once more, then he turned, staring at Parker with his eyes squinted.

She sighed. "Except.."

"I need to run by the station first. There was a murder last night on the docks," he said.

"Bring me home, then go see Patty and Joe. By the time you're back, I'll probably be ready. Lord knows with this leg it'll take me a while."

"Deal," Barry said, swooping Parker into his arms. She buried her head into his chest, he felt her fill her lungs with air, then he ran as fast as he could to her apartment.

"I will always despise having to do that," said Parker when they were in the apartment.

"I know," Barry said, kissing the top of her head. "I'll be back in a bit."

"Take your time," she said, knowing it'd be a while before she was ready. At her home, she only held a cane to aid her in walking.

For twenty minutes, she limped throughout her bedroom and bathroom. She was dressed in black leggings and a grey long sleeve, complete with a white scarf. In the midst of slipping on her converse, she was moved into Barry's arms.

"Hi, change of plans, Cisco hit the panic button," said Barry quickly. She noticed he was in the Flash suit.

"Then why are you here?"

"Had to pick up my lady. This is date night: crime version," he said.

"I don't know that's a good ide--" Parker tried to say, but Barry took off running.