Barry of the Future

The Cortex was plagued with an awkward silence. Parker wasn't exactly shocked by it. Despite her warning, Barry hesitated, and the Reverse-Flash slipped from his fingers again.

"Bar," said Joe when he joined the silent room. "You okay?"

"It's just a lot to take in," said Barry. He leaned on the ledge of the desk, hand holding his head in the air.

The eyes in the room watched Joe, practically able to see the rotating gears in his head. Tugging at his tie, he looked to Parker. "Eddie died to kill Eobard. Shouldn't he have been erased from existence?"

"Not necessarily," said Harry. "It's possible Eobard was in the Speed Force, protecting him like a bomb shelter, keeping him alive and his timeline intact. It's what's known as a timeline remnant."

It wasn't exactly surprising when Joe said, "What now?"

Parker inhaled a sigh, drawing the attention. During the walk to the white board, she said, "I'll take this one. Cisco, marker, if you would."

"You got this," cheered Cisco after she snatched a dry erase marker from the air.

She winked. Uncapping the market, Parker drew three circles. Her finger landed on the left circle. "This is the moment we erased Eobard from existence." She placed her finger on the middle circle. "This is right here, right now." Her finger tapped the last circle. "And this is where Eobard comes from."

"Getting it so far," said Joe, forehead scrunched with concentration.

While explaining, Parker drew a line connecting the left circle to the right circle. "Eobard was born in the future. His timeline begins in this circle. The Thawne Barry just met hasn't traveled back to kill his mother. This is his first time ever being in this time period."

"It explains why nothing's changed," said Caitlin thoughtfully.

"And why he didn't know my name, or that we hadn't met before," added Barry.

"He's met future-you," agreed Parker.

"If Thawne dies before he can time-travel again, will that save Barry's mother?" asked Joe.

Parker leaned against the board. "Barry's mother dying is a fixed point in time."

Although Barry knew of the fixed point, reminder of it furthered his determination. "I'm going to end this. Him, in this time, once and for all."

"Let's find Dr. McGee first, then we'll focus on Thawne," said Joe, placing his hand on Barry's shoulder. "I have to check on Iris. I'll see you later."

Joe's departure caused the rest of the team to slowly disperse. Cisco and Harry left for more secret work on finding a way to control Cisco's vibing. Caitlin took a seat at the computer seat. Barry watched Parkrr stare at her work on the dry erase board, proudly muttering, "How do I not have a major in time travel?"

"Park," said Barry, a slight smile on his face. "Do you want to get something to eat?"

In the midst of placing the marker on the ledge of the board, the ring on her finger clinked against the metal. She raised her brow at her hand. "Actually, I'm going to have to decline. Sorry."

"Are you..." tried Barry, however, Parker had a dazed look in her eyes and a body language that caused him to trail off. Whatever her strange attitude, there was reason behind it, and he trusted her to admit it when she was ready.

Parker relocated to the Time Vault. Before she entered, she checked the hallway to ensure it was empty. What she needed to do required her eyes, and her eyes only.