Special Accessories

When night came around, Barry decided Jay needed to be in confinement for the night.

"I don't trust him," Barry whispered to Parker.

"He was in our city for six months without any bad news. Do you really think he's going to do something crazy now?" Parker asked.

But Barry wouldn't listen, thinking he was doing the right thing by locking Jay away. 

Instead of kicking Barry's ass like she wanted to, Parker followed behind the two speedsters, wanting to ensure Jay's stay was decent, at the least.

Arriving at the old meta-human prison, Jay was given an unnecessary shove into the cell, to which Parker hit Barry's arm for.

Ignoring her, Barry said, "I hope you understand why we have to do this."

"I get it, kid. You're doing what you think you have to. But you'll realize soon enough that this, the tests.. It's all unnecessary," Jay insisted, his eyes pleading. "I want to help you, Barry, not harm you."

"You're not the first person to say that to me."

For the first time, Jay's friendly tone faltered. "If what you told me about Zoom is true, if he sent Rothstein here to kill you, instead of locking me up in here, you need to start listening." Looking at Parker, someone he knew would hear him out, he continued, "If Zoom is involved, Barry is going to need a lot more than me at his side to stay alive."

Parker turned to Barry. The look on her face told him one thing: she believed Jay.

"Barry, there's a fire down at the waterfront," Cisco said over the speaker. "Fire department is en route."

"I'm on my way," Barry called back.

"Be careful," Jay and Parker warned together. After sharing a smile with Jay, she then continued, "Don't die on me."

Barry bent over to kiss her head. "Don't stay too long."

"He's harmless," Parker insisted quietly. "Go."

Without another word, Barry left the meta prison, leaving behind a gush of wind.

"You two are sweet," Jay said.

Parker narrowed her eyes, taking a wild guess at where the compliment was going to take the conversation to.
"We've already heard the whole 'it's not going to work out,' thing."

"Took the words right from my mouth," Jay admitted, a smile on his lips.

"It's a common concern," Parker muttered.

He watched her pace curiously. "So, if Barry's the speed, Cisco's the tech, and Caitlin has the medical knowledge, what is your profession at S.T.A.R. Labs?"

Again, Parker deeply sighed. "Every time I'm asked this, I never know how to answer. Now, I guess, I'm team leader."

Jay looked at the hat on her head. "That makes you so."

"Something tells me I'm going to have to change my crown."

The mystery in her tone made his forehead crease. Seeing her smirking, Jay laughed. "That's why you were the first to believe me. You know."

"It's the way you look at it," Parker said. She took the hat off, holding it carefully in her hands. "Do I have to.."

"Until I need it again, it's all yours, Parker."