Guess Who's Back

In the absence from Oliver and Barry, Parker took a moment to check in on Caitlin and Wells back at S.T.A.R. Labs. She hoped for a casual conversation; what she got was an earful of a story that by the end, a recap was necessary in order to correctly comprehend the eventful days. "You're telling me Patty shot Doc, then Jay got his speed back--"

"No, he injected a serum that helped him get his speed back for a few minutes. Just enough time to save Wells."

"Can't leave you alone for a day," grumbled Parker. "I'm coming back."

"And your brother visited."

"Gotta be a little more specific."

"Uh. Shoot," Caitlin mumbled. "The baby? At least, I think."

"Dylan?"

"Yes, that's his name. He dropped by."

"Did he say why?"

"No. I told him you were on a trip, that you'd be back soon."

"Tell me you kept him out of the Cortex," pleaded Parker.

"I did. He looked worried, Park, I think you should call him."

"I'll be home soon," said Parker. I expect a huge 'Welcome Back' banner."

Humor was evident in Caitlin's tone. "I'll see what I can do."

Felicity caught Parker's eye when she turned around. "Going back so soon?"

"HQ sent a distress call," said Parker.

"The good news is that we are all needed in Central City," Diggle said, as he ended a phone call with Oliver. "Savage has the Staff."

"Laurel's there visiting her mom. I can call her, tell her we're coming by," offered Thea.

Kendra raised her brow. "If Savage is in Central City, why are we going back?"

"To end it," Parker said.

"If anyone's going to take down Savage, it's Barry and Oliver," said Cisco.

"Plus, you've emerged. It'll be much harder for him now," said Carter. A determined smirk on his face, he continued, "Together, all of us, we can take him down once and for all."

"All right, that's cool and all, but how are we going to get there?" asked Cisco.

"Leave that to me," said Felicity, grinning pridefully. "Have I mentioned I'm the CEO of a company with a private jet?"

Seconds after sitting down on the jet, Parker wiggled the opened envelope from the depths of her backpack. Dylan needed her, desperately, if he found a way to her work. Free to distractions, she took her time to read every heartfelt word.

Dear my favorite hoe,

Hey. It's Dylan. Look, as you know, mom always gets on us when we talk back to her. You lived it. I did it, and she took my phone, so this is why I wrote you a letter.

Now, you're thinking: dang son why can't you just behave? Don't worry, Park, I can defend my actions!

I talked back because mom is keeping secrets from me. I tried to ask, she ignored it. There's something wrong with her. Lately, she's been weird. She's been out later, out on the weekends, getting pissy when I ask her where she's been.. I know it's not the library, Parker.

I asked Peter and Derek if she had been with them. They both said no. I didn't tell them the rest of the story. I think that since you're the daughter, you can get through to her. I'm worried. Please, Parker, help me. You're my only hope.

(And hey, you wanna go see Star Wars this weekend? Pick me up any day. Except Fridays. Those are bowling days.)

From,

Dylan Sylas

The remainder of the flight, Parker was silent, staring at the chicken scratch that was her brother's hand writing. Her chest felt as though it was caving in. For weeks, she allowed that letter to inch further into her bag, not because she was busy. She ignored that letter because she deemed it unimportant-- deemed her little brother unimportant.

"Park?" whispered Cisco, and yet, Parker was still frightened by the interruption. "Uh.. We've landed."

Parker shook her head slightly, letting herself fall out of her head and into reality once more. She threw her bag over her shoulder and limped from the plane with purpose.

"Parker?" called Felicity to the oppositely retreating girl. "Van is this way."

"I need to take care of something first," she called over her shoulder.

Her vague words told Cisco there was a reason behind her departure. "What should I tell Barry?" he asked, for he guessed he would be the one to make an excuse.

"Tell him I'll call when I'm ready," said Parker.

"And when will that be?" muttered Cisco. He watched her head turn the slightest, acknowledging she heard. But, she ignored him, and climbed into a cab.