If I Could Fly

Wells' old wheelchair was only accessible during her times at the Lab, since Parker kept insisting she could make Barry carry her around her house if she needed to move.

Barry was in front of her apartment door in a minute, nudging it open with her dangling feet. He was uncharacteristically quiet throughout the entire run from the Lab to her apartment.

Parker felt as though it was the job of carrying her that was bothering him. Trying to lighten the mood, she said, "On the bright side, your arms are going to get a great workout while I'm like this."

Barry's response was a flat, "Okay."

"What is your deal, Mister?" she asked.

Tone flat, Barry said, "What do you mean?"

"Are you really angry at me for protecting my friends by going out there?" Parker asked.

Barry again used her feet to open her bedroom door. "That's not what I'm mad about."

"Tell me what you're mad about."

"No."

Barry tried to bend down to the bed, but Parker wrapped her arms tighter around his neck. "Until you tell me, I'm not letting go."

"You are a child."

"Yeah, I'm the child."

Barry and Parker had yet another state down. Once again, Parker won.

"I'm angry because I felt helpless the day you got shot. You went out there, you were fighting, and I couldn't do anything except stand there and listen. You don't understand--"

"You're going to tell me I don't understand?" Parker snapped. "How do you think I feel every single week when you go out there?"

Barry tilted his head in agreement. "Okay, that wasn't a good comparison. You do understand. I just.. I was petrified that I'd lose you."

"Clearly, you didn't lose me," she muttered.

Parker loosened her grip, and Barry laid her on the bed. He climbed across her body, then laid down opposite her.

"I don't want to feel like that ever again in my life. I felt sick. And that's why I went out there."

"You what?"

Barry stroked her fuzzy socks, a slight smile on his face. "You don't really think she missed a headshot because of bad aim, do you?"

"You were blind!" Parker shouted.

"You were powerless, and you still went out there," Barry said.

"Good argument," Parker said after a pause. "What did you do?"

"Cisco was in my ear directing me. I heard the first shot, found you two, I tackled her, she hit the ground.. Cisco said she ran off when I was stumbling around looking for you."

"You should have got her," Parker said, wagging her finger his way.

"Oh, I'm sorry I was focusing on my bleeding out girlfriend instead," Barry snapped. Parker crinkled her nose. He sighed. "That was mean. Sorry. I just can't hear you in that much pain ever again."

Parker rolled on her right hip, with help from Barry, then held out her hand for him to take. "Look, I took care of Gideon, you took care of Light, and we're both alive. That's magical. Now let's stop fighting about it."

"But--" Barry tried.

"Nope, the past is the past. Get over it."

Barry sat up. Before he could continue arguing, she pushed him into her chest, and wrapped her arms around his neck to keep him from moving.