Say Okay

As usual, Barry and Parker were early to the West house. Joe stood in the living room, lining a variety of alcoholic drinks on the table behind the couch. Momentarily pausing to watch his daughter take a sip of Grandma Esther's eggnog, he asked, "Strong enough?"

"Let me decide that," muttered Parker, taking the glass from Iris. One sniff of the eggnog and she poured four seconds worth of whiskey into the drink.

Joe looked to Barry. "Rough time at the Sylas house?"

"You could say that, yes," said Barry. He crossed his arms over his chest. "How many drinks should I cut her off at?"

"None," said Parker flatly.

"Over here I can promise a drama-free night," said Joe, handing a beer to her. "As long as you slow down on the drinking."

Parker longingly stared at the array of alcohol, debating on stealing the booze and running.

Barry caught her in a hug. "Park, today is supposed to be happy. How can I make you happy?"

"Allowing me endless amounts of alcohol," she said honestly. Her forehead fell on his chest.

"Anything else?" he tried.

"Maybe a nap."

Barry chuckled. "You've got an hour to sleep. Then I'd like to see happy Parker."

"Deal," she agreed. "Take me to the bedroom, baby."

Joe's face scrunched. "Words I don't ever want to hear in my house again."

"Like I'd ever fu--" Parker tried to say, however, Barry decided it would be best to refrain Joe from being disgusted, and he sped her into Iris' bedroom. He tossed her body on the bed.

"You're cool if I don't stay?" he asked. "I've got to do some preparations for your gift."

Parker curled into the blankets on Iris' bed. "I'm good. See you in an hour."

"See you in an hour."

When the digital clock on Barry's cell phone struck to hour six, he crept into Iris' room. One peak at Parker and he went back downstairs.

"Where's Parker?" asked Cisco.

"Sleeping. I think I'll just wake her up before presents," said Barry. "Rough day with her family."

"You did Christmas morning at the Sylas house?" asked Caitlin.

"Most likely our first and last," he said. "Parker won't want to bring me back into that."

"What's bad about her family?" asked Jay.

"My brother happens to be a meta-human hater," called Parker groggily. She ventured slowly down the stairs, rubbing at her eyes. "Kinda makes it hard to have a good time when your brother is trash-talking your boyfriend on the DL."

Parker's appearance caused the party to split. Cisco went to work on organizing the presents; Caitlin tried to stick the mistletoe on the ceiling; Joe and Iris left the living room to finish baking.

Barry made room on the couch for Parker. She simply took a seat in his lap, hugging on to his neck for a bit of relief. "I'm sorry my brother ruined Christmas," she whispered into his ear.

"Parker, he didn't ruin Christmas," said Barry. "I don't care that he's anti-meta. I only care that you're not."

"I'm still sorry you had to witness it," she said.

"Witness what? You standing up against your brother for all the meta's we know? For me?" asked Barry.

"Don't feel special," chastised Parker. "I'll always defend my views."