Better Than the Super Sonic Punch

From the television, the channel fifty two reporter was speaking. The news was barely ever on at S.T.A.R. Labs, which is why when Parker entered, she tuned into the reporter's words, guessing it was important.

"..yesterday's surprise broadcast from a Star City vigilante, who is calling himself the Green Arrow, has spawned a massive outcry of both support and..."

"Catchy," Caitlin interrupted.

"I hate when they put a color in their name," Cisco muttered.

Entering the Cortex, Barry greeted the team with a monotonous, "Yo."

Passing by Parker, who sat at the desk of computers, he kissed the top of her head. She patted his cheek.

"So, the sample you gave us-- not sand. Definitely human cells," Cisco said.

Barry nodded. "Yeah, I know.."

"I hate to say it, but I think this Earth-2 theory is starting to make sense," Cisco said.

Barry frowned.

"What, you think Jay is lying about Sand Demon?" Iris asked.

"I don't know. That's my point. I'm not gonna just believe some guy that walks in here, and says a few things that sorta check out," Barry said.

"Sorta?" Cisco repeated. "He was right about Zoom."

"We don't even know anything about Zoom. What is Zoom? Is Zoom real? Right now, Zoom is a story around a campfire," Barry said. He turned to Martin, who was standing near Parker. "I mean, have you discovered a breach yet?"

"Not yet, but we know how to now," Martin said.

Barry looked at Caitlin. "Have you found one thing to suggest that Jay is a speedster? Is the Speed Force even in his system?"

Although Caitlin wanted to believe Jay's story, the Team's safety came first. Hesitantly, she said, "It doesn't appear to be, no."

"We are scientists," Barry said, then pointed to Iris, "You are a journalist." He turned to the remaining girl in the room. Faltering at her job description, he skipped over her.

Letting out an annoyed sigh, Parker muttered, "Thanks, baby."

"We test, we prove, we report-- that's what we do. Right now, nobody here wants to do any of that, except me."

"Jay's telling the truth," Parker argued.

"Why?" Barry asked, spinning to face her. He was annoyed with her ease about the whole situation. "Why do you believe him so easily? What makes you so sure?"

"The answer you're looking for--quite possibly the only one you need-- is right in front of your face," Parker said cleverly, for the winged hat was still sitting proudly on her head. "Do you know why you're missing it?"

Barry hadn't, but Iris definitely caught Parker's reference. "Can we have the room?" she asked the others.

Parker stayed sitting. "I don't care if you wanted me out."

"I didn't," Iris said.

"Great," Barry grumbled. "When you two finally make up, it's to team up on me."

"That's not what this is," Parker disagreed.

"Barry, the you that I grew up with, the you that is my best friend, the you that became the Flash.. I haven't seen that you in a very long time," Iris stated.

Barry shrugged his shoulders. "A lot's changed."

"Yeah, it sure has," Parker agreed.

"You've learned to not trust people," Iris observed. "What is it about Jay that you don't like?"