Back At One

Calming down meant stress eating in the atmosphere of her favorite coffee shop: Jitters.

Unfortunately, that option was non applicable. Jitters was one of the many buildings destroyed in the singularity's destruction.

The closest thing Parker got to Jitters was sitting outside on the park bench, eating a bag of candy corn by the handful.

Parker watched the people passing by, the cars speeding past, the sky. She found it hard to imagine that the clear blue sky above her had been a massive hole only six months ago.

She remembered the small wormhole they created inside of S.T.A.R. Labs-- the wind, the same blue and black border. The single difference between the intentional singularity and the unintentional singularity was the size.

So, if Barry had run inside the intentional wormhole, and returned.. It meant that there was a chance that Ronnie--

"Parker!" Barry shouted, skidding to a stop in front of her.

"Did you just run here?" Parker asked calmly.

"Yeah, so--"

"In public?" she continued. "Where people have eyes?"

"No, I ran to the alleyway, then walked to you in normal speed," Barry said. "Scout's honor."

Parker narrowed her eyes at the tall boy in front of her. "Tread lightly, my friend."

"Yeah, yeah, I need you to come to S.T.A.R. Labs now," Barry said. He was giddy-- something she hadn't seen in a while, which is why she didn't move. "Baby, come on!"

"You haven't called me that in six months," she pointed out.

"Because I've been angry, and sad, and all of my emotions have been projected on to the only person who I let stick around. That's you, Park, and I'm sorry. You deserved to be treated better--"

"Like a Queen," she sighed.

Barry moved the bag of candy corn out of her lap, grabbing her hands. "Like a Queen, yes. And you'll be treated as such for as long as you're my significant other, I promise."

"And you'll be treated well, too," Parker promised. "Like an adorable forensic scientist."

"So.. Normally?"

"Precisely."

Barry let out an amused sigh. "Can you just come to S.T.A.R. Labs?"

Parker leaped into his arms. She closed her eyes, said, "Onward, my steed," then held her breath.

By the time she registered they were in motion, the ride was over. Barry let her down.

"Better?" he asked.

"Surprisingly," Parker said, straightening her outfit. "What did you do?"

"Nothing," he insisted, trying to hide his smile. He ushered her into the building.

Sounding impatient, Iris was saying, "What is taking Barry so long to get here?"

Entering through the Cortex doors, Parker said, "He was picking up the Queen. Now that she's here, what's the news?"

"Hi, Parker," a shy voice called.

Parker almost snapped her own neck whipping her head around. "Is that.. Is that Strawberry Shortcake?"

"In the flesh," Caitlin laughed. "How are you, Park?"

"Better," Parker said.

Iris raised her eyebrow, focused on what her presence at S.T.A.R Labs. "Barry, is it good news?"