America Runs on Dunkin

Unlike many other people in the city, Parker and the rest of Team Flash weren't granted Christmas break. The second she woke up, getting out of bed was the last thing she wanted to do. Knowing the team would share the feelings, she decided to pick up a treat for her team, in order to revive the determination for the day.

Following a brief stop at a nearby Dunkin Donuts-- let's face it, Jitters donuts do not beat Dunkin-- she entered the Cortex, dramatically shouting, "My friends, my teammates, my beautiful little cabbages! Happy New Year. As you all know, we are gathered here today, because it is our first day back at work."

Harry didn't bother suppressing his angry nostril flare. "You're wasting my time."

"In other words, you're asking, 'Why am I here?' I'm getting there, Harry, thank you, thank you," said Parker. She modeled the box for her team. "This morning, I thought: I love my team. Why not give them a gift for their maximum effort?"

"And you stopped for donuts?" asked Caitlin.

"I spent thirty six dollars and seven cents on these," said Parker, opening the box. "Eat up, team."

"Already ate," said Caitlin apologetically.

"I do not like donuts," said Harry.

"Donuts?" repeated Jay. "We don't have those on Earth-2."

If Harry's face hadn't morphed into a look that stated his clear memories of donuts, the team would have believed Jay.

"Unappreciated," said Parker in astonishment. She tossed the donut box on the desk. "I am unappreciated."

Cisco shoved a strawberry donut down his throat. "On the bright side, I have a gift, too: we might have a way of stopping Zoom."

"That only beats my gift by, like, a decimal point. And not even a full one!" said Parker.

Cisco pretended to have sympathy for stealing the show. His hands crossed behind his back, he paced the floor slowly. "As some of you may well know, I've been deeply embroiled in a secret, one-sided battle, with an invisible enemy."

Parker rolled her eyes. "Even if you prove his existence, I'm still refusing to call him that."

"What is the-- or, who, is the Turtle?" asked Barry.

"Cisco's white whale," explained Caitlin.

"Half whale, half turtle," guessed Jay.

Cisco rubbed his forehead. "Do you see what you're doing, Caitlin? Everyone's confused now."

"Get to it," said Harry sharply.

"I stumbled upon a few of these cases while searching for the Reverse-Flash. These are robberies that were seemingly committed at high speed; people hold their beloved items one second, then they're gone the next. Tell me what you see," said Cisco.

A click of a button caused the television behind him to play a security camera tape. A hooded man ducked through the stilled crowd of people, snatched his desired item, then left the scene. His departure made the crowd fall back into place.

"So he can.. What? Stop time?" asked Caitlin.

"Not if the time code was still running," observed Parker.

"But if he's not stopping time, what's he doing?" she asked again.

"Slowing down everything around him," said Cisco. "And that is why we call him the Turtle."

"That's why you call him the Turtle," corrected Parker. He stuck his tongue out at her.

"Why haven't you mentioned this guy to me before?" asked Barry.