Attack on Hewitt

Entrance into the Cortex caused a quick stop for all three of the returned team members, as there was an unfamiliar face standing near Cisco and Caitlin.

"Hi, I'm glad your back!" Caitlin said excitedly. She held her hands out to the man beside her. "This is Dr. Henry Hewitt."

As soon as Barry turned to Parker, his face stuck in a wince, she nodded, "Play nice, I know, I know."

"Barry Allen," Hewitt guessed, shaking his hand.

"And this is--" Barry tried to introduce Parker, however, she was ignored completely, once Hewitt caught sight of the old man wobbling through the door.

"Martin Stein," he gasped, rushing forward. "I've read all of your papers back at Hudson, especially on transmutation. Fascinating. You're a legend."

"Oh, please. I think you're overestimating my contribution to the field..." Martin trailed off.

Parker and Barry hadn't been able to hear the rest of their nerd conversation, since Cisco and Caitlin dragged the two off to the side.

"Isn't he great?" Caitlin asked dreamily.

"No, look at him, he's a straight suck up," Parker said in disgust.

"He's got an ego the size of Texas, but he's all right," Cisco said positively.

"Where's Jefferson Jackson?" Caitlin wondered.

Barry and Parker shared a glance. "We need some more time."

"We don't have more time. I couldn't find another power source for the cane, it's running out," Cisco said.

"Then let's do the merge. Hewitt's in," Caitlin said.

"You told him the details of the Firestorm Matrix?" Barry asked, raising his brow.

"Becoming Firestorm is a huge life change. He needs to know what he's getting himself into."

"But you said nothing of the Flash, or him being on the team, right?" Parker asked.

"No," Caitlin confirmed.

"Good. Any new team members have to go through initiation, a quiz, and have to be briefed by me," Parker said.

Cisco laughed. "You're really taking this Queen of Team Flash position seriously."

"It's my speciality," Parker said.

"One of your few," Caitlin muttered.

In order to keep Parker from saying anything in return, Barry wrapped his arms around her waist and spun, making her face Hewitt and Martin.

"If I remember correctly: vector, variance, hypotenuse.." Martin was saying.

Hewitt finished, "Proton, neutron, go H.U."

"Aw, look at that, it's so cute. We'll have two Professor Stein's if this works," Cisco said with fake happiness.

"It's going to work," Caitlin said strongly.

"I'm quitting if it works," Parker said, shaking her head. "We haven't been in the same room for five minutes, and I quit."

"Who's ready to do some merging?" Cisco asked loudly. In his hands, he held the splicer, and he approached Hewitt. "When I put this splicer on your chest, you're gonna feel a rush. That's a molecular primer being released into your body. Then, you can make physical contact with Professor Stein, and whoosh: Firestorm Matrix will take over."

"Easy enough," Hewitt said.

"Ready?" Caitlin asked.

"No time like the present," Martin said cheerfully. Caitlin took his cane. "Thank you, my dear."