Somewhere Only We Know

Cisco tried to wiggle the suit from Parker's hands. One touch, and he was stuck in a vibe for less than ten seconds. One thing was clear: he saw Barry, alive. He couldn't bring himself to shower Parker with hope, false hope, if his vibe meant something different than what he thought it did. 

Parker didn't notice his vibe, nor his frantic exit of the room. 

Not long after he was gone, Parker started to have trouble breathing. Still clutching what was left of Barry, she shuffled to the roof. Fresh air was thought to be the solution of her problems. It wasn't. Even in the fresh air, her trembling didn't stop, nor did her sweating, or the feeling that she wasn't there. It felt surreal. 

Trying to stop feeling the way she was only ended in making it worse. Each inhale brought on a tighter chest. Hyperventilation set in. Parker lost consciousness faster than she could utter her hero's name. 

"...time to wake up, Parker Allen. I can hear your breathing. I know you're there. I need you to listen to me, and listen closely: we need you. I know you're sad, and I know you're broken, and I know everything hurts at this moment, but we need you to push it aside for us. Right now, we need saving. You can help us. You can save us."

"Jesus Christ?" slurred Parker.

"I'm no God, Parker," he said. 

"I can't help you, Harry..."

"Yes, you can, and you will. You know why? Because your team, your family, is in trouble."

"Harry, there's nothing I can do..."

"Yes, there is, we just need you to get down to the Breach Room."

"It was designed to be sealed off, how are we going to get her down here?"

"Air vent?"

"Can she fit?"

Parker slapped the drool from her mouth, still speaking with a tired slur. "You're not hearing me. I can't do anything. There's nothing I can do."

"Yes, you can!" shouted Cisco, frustrated, "Barry's still alive!"

"You can bring him back, Parker," said Henry. 

"We just need you to try," pleaded Iris. 

"Please."

Cisco guided her to an air vent located in the lobby, low on the wall. She kicked it through. On her stomach, she crawled throughout the vent, taking the turns and dropping down a level when Cisco ordered her to. 

"I can hear your voice," grunted Parker. 

Parker found the vent. She shifted awkwardly in the small space, adjusting her feet flat on the exit hatch. The screws had been loosened by Harry; it was a single kick to break it off. He and Cisco grabbed her ankles, carefully sliding her from the high placed vent. Both were careful to watch her stomach on the way out. 

"What do you mean he's still alive?" she snapped.

"I vibed him. He's stuck in the Speed Force. I spotted him, he saw me, but I don't think he wanted to leave just yet," explained Cisco. 

"Why the hell not?" she asked. 

"I don't know," said Cisco hopelessly. 

"When Cisco looks into the Speed Force, Harry said someone else can see into it, too, as long as they're in physical contact with him while he's vibing," said Henry urgently, "Park, I want to bring my boy back just as much as you do, and you're the best chance we have to doing it."