One Bad Thing After Another

Barry had never hated himself more. That is what he decided when he woke up the following morning, tangled with Parker's bare body. He hated himself for not telling her about losing his speed and losing Caitlin. He hated himself for being afraid of the look she was going to give when she found out. He watched her sleep, hating himself for his decisions every moment longer he stayed.

"Good morning," slurred Parker.

"Baby, listen to me," said Barry before it was too late.

"Uh-oh," she joked.

Barry squeezed his eyes shut. "I should have done a lot of things yesterday, okay, but I didn't. I regret not bringing you in yesterday.. So much."

It was then Parker understood he wasn't joking. The weight of her head on his chest left. Her tone was filled with authority. "What did you do?"

"We had Zoom. I lost him. He took Wally, and he said he would only give him back if I gave him my speed."

"You didn't."

Barry opened his eyes. "I had to."

"Why are you just telling me this now?" she asked hopelessly, tears pooling in her eyes, "Y-You let me talk to you about how sorry I was with the baby situation, you let me coerce you into having sex with me, and you just sat there? You didn't try to stop me! You never tried to tell me anything!"

"I needed a distraction."

"A distraction?!" shouted Parker, "You had sex with me to distract you?!"

Barry tried to sit up as well, hands reaching for her. "No, I didn't mean it like that, I meant--"

"Out. Get out," ordered Parker.

"What?" mumbled Barry.

"Your name might be on the least for the Lab, but it's not on the one to the apartment. I want you out of my house right now. Take your shit, take your keys to the West house, take the now useless Flash suit. I don't want to see your face," she said. Her voice lacked tone. She was too hurt. It was his fault.

"I wasn't done..."

"What else did you do?! What could possibly make this worse?!"

"He took Caitlin."

When the married couple didn't show up together, Cisco automatically piled a mental list of everything that could have possibly gone wrong the previous night. He thought their fight would blow over within the day, as it usually had. However, when Barry and Parker arrived at separate times, and didn't speak, look, or go near one another, Cisco became worried beyond reason.

He wasn't able to focus on it right away, as he was occupied vibing Jay's helmet for a sign of Caitlin, but he was going to investigate, if it was the last thing he did. Unfortunately, he came up mostly empty.

"You know, I really wish we didn't have to keep Jay's helmet around, I hate this thing. I just want to put a dent in it," he said.

"Did you see Caitlin in your vibe?" asked Iris.

Cisco tossed his special glasses on the computer desk. "Zoom's got her in his lair. She's scared, but she's okay."

"Oh, thank God. We have to get her back," said Barry.

"I know. But without your speed, there's no way any of us can get through the breach you guys found at the hospital. I just don't think there's anything we can do right now," said Joe sadly.

"He's right," said Harry. He stomped into the Cortex, aggressively shoving items that belonged to him into a bag, "and that's thanks to you, Al."

"Enough," warned Joe, "we're all suffering here."