Amigas Cheetah's

The thing that brought Parker and Iris together was the exact same thing that had brought Iris and Barry's friendship to start: the loss of a parent. For so long, the girls had relied on each other for consolation. In times of great need, a Code Blue would be called.

Despite their recent history, Parker knew she could never ignore a Code Blue.

Parker knocked on the door three times. A second later, Iris swung open the door. "Parker, you were right. There was no justification for me using you. I'm so sorry, I'm a shitty friend, I know--"

"What's making you apologize?" Parker interrupted.

Iris paused, taking a deep breath. "I know I have no right to ask this of you, especially after what I did, but I need to talk to someone about her."

Parker wiggled her hands into the pocket's of her jacket. "Let's take a walk, my woman."

"All my life, my dad told me.. Told us.. That my mother was dead. He told me stories about her, so I could dream about this perfect mother, who was taken from me, rather than the truth."

"The truth?" Parker said. "What's the truth?"

"She didn't die."

"And he lied to you to protect you?"

Iris nodded. "My mother left."

"So, she left, and she's back now, looking for forgiveness?" Parker asked.

"She's also dying."

Parker nodded, mildly surprised. "Oh, all right. Have you seen her?"

"I spoke to her twice."

"How did it go the first time?"

"She wants to be back in my life after two decades apart.. I've lived without a mother for all of that time, I don't need one now," Iris said.

"That's not completely true. You had my mother," Parker said.

"You're right," Iris smiled. "Your mom taught me how to cook something other than pizza."

"I hope you know that she never minded you," Parker said.

Iris scoffed. "Please. Four kids, then me on the weekends.. I'm sure I was a bother."

"I'm serious. Look, maybe your mom didn't want you, maybe she left for herself-- whatever the reason, you're not supposed to beat yourself up about it. She made the shitty decision to leave you and Joe. But don't ever think that you never had a mom. My mom is yours. My family is yours. "

After a moment of silence, Iris held out her pinky finger to Parker. "Amigas cheetah's?"

"Friends for life," Parker said, wrapping her finger around Iris'. "So, what happened the second time you met?"

"By then, I had done some research," Iris said.

"As you do."

"Eight months after she left Central City, she had a baby."

Parker stopped walking, staring at Iris with her mouth open. "No."

"I don't know his name. I don't know where he is, and I don't want to find out," Iris said.

"Your dad would be crushed if he found out," Parker said sadly.

"I don't plan on telling him. You won't either," Iris ordered. "There's a slim chance that kid will come to Central City, or that we'll know who it is."

Moments passed, both girls thinking about the explanation that had gone on.

"I understand why you don't want her in your life. I totally get that," Parker said slowly. "But, man.. All my life I wished things could have been different, that I could have had my dad around."