Barry Allen: Nap Ruiner

The following morning, Martin and Cisco called for the team in the Cortex. Together, they stood facing the team, their faces appearing tired.

Last to arrive, Barry said, "Hey. What's up?"

"It appears that while we were indeed successful in closing the singularity, there was an unfortunate side effect," Martin said.

"What are you talking about?" Caitlin asked.

"Using electro-photography, Cisco and I were able to search Central City for any signs of energy entering our earth from another dimension. From any breaches, as Mr. Garrick described them," Martin continued.

"Of course, there isn't just one breach," Cisco said. He pressed the clicker in his hand, which illuminated many shimmering lights throughout the city. "There's fifty two of them scattered throughout the city. "

Collectively, a cloud of annoyance settled through the Cortex.

"These breaches are pockets of time and space folded into and upon itself. The most significant breach of all appears to be this one," Martin said. Cisco pressed the button once more, closing in on a single breach on the television.

"And where exactly is that located?" Caitlin asked.

Martin raised his hands at his sides. "It's here."

"Inside S.T.A.R. Labs?" Parker asked. She raised her eyebrows at Cisco. "If this is accurate, we're going to need a lot more security here.."

"And just beyond that breach is an entirely differ..." Martin held a hand over his chest, interrupted by a cough. No one thought anything of it until he inhaled a sharp breath, then fell to the floor.

A majority of the the team ran to Martin's side; Parker bolted to the medical bed and pushed it across the room. They lifted his body on the bed, then backed away, leaving Caitlin to hook him to the machines.

"Cisco.." Parker said, an idea forming.

"Yeah?"

"How would you like to go on a little scavenger hunt?"

The hidden message behind her words brought an excited smile to his face. Taking her wrist, he started to drag her out of the Cortex.

"Call me when you find it!" Barry called after them.

Cisco and Parker split the building in half. Cisco took every floor above the Cortex; Parker took everything below.

For an hour, the two raced up or down the emergency staircases, throughout their designated levels, checking every room, competing to find the breach.

Parker reached the basement at the end of the hour. She sprinted through aimlessly, her hope faltering after no success.

Then, she ran past an open area in the basement. Catching sight of a shifting light, she retreated to the doorway.

"We're stupid," Parker said, on the phone with Cisco. "The biggest spot in this entire place is where?"

"In the basement," Cisco said. He paused. "It's in the basement, isn't it?"

"Get down here."

"I'm disappointed in us," Cisco said when he joined her. "All that cardio.."

"You guys took a real long time," Barry noticed, after she had called him.

"I don't want to talk about it. Get everyone down to the basement."

Waiting on the team to arrive, Cisco and Parker approached the breach cautiously.