Chapter 1 - Lame Prank

Angie's P.O.V

"Angie wake up!" I hear my dad yell from downstairs as he hits the staircase rail which causes me to jump.

I groan and think to myself, that's the worst way to wake up. I mean it's freaking giving a person a heart attack. Like, a person is calmly sleeping when suddenly loud banging is heard. I just wonder, can people just be more gentle? Like come to my room with breakfast and gently call my name, is it that hard?

Damn you dad! I inwardly glare at the image of him.

"I'm up!" I yell back, not being the happy me thanks to my dad's creative ways to wake me up for beloved school.

First day of school, who doesn't love the first day especially when it's in a new city and you know no one?(note fore the sarcasm)

Not that I need to know people to get around. I just already knew my ways in Mississippi and they knew me. People knew me and my personality, especially my teachers, so I wasn't sent to detention that often, only when I crossed the line. I mean your eyebrows are still gonna grow. Next time don't leave suspicious and weird things next to me, curiosity will just kill me. But oh well, people here are just gonna need to learn I'm not so easy.

"Angie!" My dad cuts my thinking train which causes me to groan. He is ruining my mood and it hasn't been five minutes since I have woken up.

One day people will pay for cutting my thinking train, I mean I could be thinking about cancer's cure or something like that... well, that will never happen because I suck at science and everything that has to do with school basically.

"Okay, I'm just going to change." I huff and get off my bed, stretching a bit and feeling sad I need to leave my lovely bed. This bed is so comfortable, I'm seriously thinking about marrying it. That's something good about moving, you get new things.

My dad yells again and I groan. He is not usually like this, is his first day in his new job and he doesn't want to be late, so he is nervous, but you will see the way his mood will change when I will get downstairs. My dad is really weird, his mood swings just freak me out.

I search in my closet for some clothes for today which is not that hard. There aren't that much of clothes in my closet because I was too lazy to get everything out. A three hours flight really exhausted me.

I end up picking a simple T-shirt, sweatpants and my black high converse. I put up my hair in a messy bun and I'm done. After all it's my first day I might as well make a good impression and not look like a sloth. Cue to sarcasm.

I go downstairs to my new kitchen as I put on my shoes and stumble on the stairs.

Note to myself, not to put on shoes while you go down the stairs!

"Finally!" My dad says as I approach him while putting my other shoe on, not bothering to tie my shoelaces.

"It's really early." I check my iPhone and it says its just 7:20am. I have to be at school at 8am, that means I still have more time to sleep, ugh.

"Yes, but traffic is horrible and you know that." He argues and puts my favorite cereal box on the counter as I sit and pour milk inside my bowl - I have already put cereal on my bowl.

"Are you excited?" My dad asks before taking a sip from his orange juice making me stifle a laugh at his choice of beverage.

He is not a regular dad like the ones who read newspaper and drink coffee in the morning, and wears suites and all of that stuff. He is the opposite - he wears some simple shirt, some jeans, converse (like me) and that's it. He doesn't like coffee, which is the weirdest thing I have ever heard.