Into The Lion's Den

"Still no reply" Louis said rolling his shoulders to release the kinks tension had put in his neck. "Maybe if we use a different phone it might help?"

"Why another phone" Harry asked curiously

"Well, maybe when our numbers are recognised then the call remains unanswered. If we use another phone it might work. Hey Alberto, can I borrow you phone a sec?" Louis asked the bodyguard. "Cheers. Let's try again". He carefully keyed in the numbers and waited. The phone rang a few times then he heard the recorded message : 'The caller is currently unavailable, please try later'. " F'ck, f.ck, f.ck. This is ridiculous" Louis snapped giving Alberto his phone back. " How are we going to stop this from happening? The phone is switched off."

"Look, I'm calling Management and telling them we won't be there for an hour or so. We'll say Niall needs to rest first. It's not a lie either, just look at him" Liam said. They all turned and looked at Niall who was white faced and still shaking. He was rubbing his temples as if his head ached. "Ni can take a nap and the rest of us can see if there is any way around this. We can't let it happen"

"Agreed" Louis said. "Tell you what, I'll contact management. You're too nice Liam and anyway, I'm in the right frame of mind to tear someone's head off"

"Lou, please don't make things worse" Harry begged "Don't go at them like a bull in a china shop"

"Hazz, I will be diplomacy itself" Louis said, winking at Harry.

"Lou, you and diplomacy don't belong in the same breath, mate" Liam said. "I really think I shou....."

"Nope. I'm doing it." Louis cut him off . " Look ,lets get Ni settled then I'll call them". The car had pulled up outside the security gates go Niall's home at this point and they slowly slide open allowing the car access. Louis helped Niall out of the car and escorted him into the house and upstairs to his bedroom. "Mate, you lay down for a bit and let us sort this out". Niall nodded wearily and after removing his jeans and sweatshirt, slid into his bed. Louis sat on the bed next to him , gently brushing his hand through Niall's hair and watching as the small blond visibly relaxed then fell into sleep. Louis waited a few moments to make sure he really was asleep then left the room quietly, hurrying down the stairs to join the others.

Liam was talking on the phone as Louis walked into the room. " No, Greg. Yes, I know but you might have been a bit more sympathetic. He needed your support, not your anger." Louis watched Liam frown as he was obviously listening to whatever Greg was telling him." That's hardly the point, is it?" Liam's frown deepened as he listened some more. " The thing is , it did happen and somebody found out." Liam rolled his eyes as he listened to Greg again then he responded " Well, if you have a better idea, pleas let us know. Yeah, you too" Liam ended the call and shoved his phone into his back pocket. Louis was practically bouncing with impatience. He hated only hearing one side of the conversation though judging by what he did hear, and the expression on Liam's face, Louis probably wouldn't have liked what Greg was saying.

"Greg is furious. Apparently today's interview has sent Twitter into meltdown and Greg's ranting that he should have been told about it and not found out on social media. If he'd been supportive, he'd have known. But he chose to walk out . Now he's blaming us. " Liam's own head was really pounding now and he wished he was miles away and not having to deal with all this sh*t.

"Were you expecting anything different?" Louis asked. "Judging by some of Greg's tweets, you ought to know what he can be like" Louis wandered into Niall's kitchen and searched the cupboards until he found some painkillers. He filled a glass with water and took them back , handing them to Liam. "Com'on , take these". Liam gave him a grateful smile then swallowed the proffered medication. "My turn now. I'll take on Management." Louis pulled out his phone and headed into the Games room to make the call.

"Modest Management, How may I help you?"

"Hey Samantha, it's Louis. Look, I know we are expected there right now but we have a change of plans. Niall really needed to rest so we've taken him home. We'll be along when he's woken up. He's sleeping right now"

"Louis, Stephen is going mental! He's being bombarded by the press and he is beyond furious. You really do need to get here" Samantha sounded desperate.

"Look, tell you what. I'll come with one of the other boys. Niall's not coming and that's that. See you soon" Louis hung up and returned to the others. "Hazza, would you stay here with Niall? Liam and I are going to speak with management. You up for that , Li?" Louis gave Liam a questioning look.

"I'm as ready as I'll ever be" Liam replied. "Good call, Niall not going. He doesn't need Management getting on his case. You Ok with this, Harry?" Harry was reluctant to be left out of the meeting but knew it was best that Niall didn't go, especially after the latest media revelation. And Niall needed someone to be with him. Harry sighed then nodded in agreement. The other two grabbed their jackets and headed out. Harry picked up his phone, looked at it then flung it back down on the coffee table. He sighed again.

"Here goes nuthin'" Louis said as they walked towards Stephen's office. "Into the lion's den" . He tapped lightly on the door and heard Stephen's voice snarl out a 'Come in'. Both Liam and Louis squared their shoulders and obeyed the command to enter. This promised to be a very uncomfortable meeting.